Bike Pressure Washers

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

dlovett

Bike Pressure Washers

Post by dlovett »

I want one that is either/and 12v/battery. Can you guys suggest what ones are good and what ones to avoid please.

Thanks

d
benp1

Re: Bike Pressure Washers

Post by benp1 »

Worx hydroshot

Bought one based on the STW recommendation. I don't have a tap at the front the house and it's a right faff taking the hose through. Needed something for washing the bike after horrendous local muddy rides. Works great, very happy with it. Was about £100 on amazon with all the accessories
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

I have an Airace Driving Waterman (like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Airace-Driving ... B0050VDO1G) which I've had for three years and used a lot. It's been really good other than once when I left it in the car boot overnight in seriously sub zero weather when it froze and stopped working. I managed to strip it down and fix it but have been careful not to leave it outside during the winter ever since. A couple of friends have Mobi and Dirtworker (made by Airace) washers which have also been good. I'd definitely recommend the concept of having a bike washer (but it seems like mine is no longer available) whatever brand you end up going for.
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

Works hydroshot +1

Good enough pressure to clean, not too much to blast bearings etc. Prefer it to the mains hose. Fantastic bit of kit. Well worth the cost. Need a wide mouth plastic water holder 10 - 20 litres.
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Which Hydroshot do you guys have as there seem to be serval models and even the manufacture doesn't have a comparison table?

The portable Karcher OC3 looks quite good. I have a big Karcher at home that's 15 years old and it still works perfectly.
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

This one https://www.amazon.co.uk/WORX-WG629E-1- ... B01NAN12FW

Was on offer for £95 before xmas. Had dirtworkers etc in the past, this is so much better. Can clean bike really quickly after a very muddy ride. STW recommend getting the bigger battery, but I havent found I needed. Battery lasts 2 washes.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Another Works Hydroshot owner. :grin:
Cyclepeasant

Post by Cyclepeasant »

6ltr Hand pumped weed killer sprayer works fine, doesn't need charging,cost less than a tenner ,lasted over 25yrs ,I have washed bike after events before putting bike inside car or riding home...... :lol:
Insanity over vanity
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

What they said no idea why anoyone pays £100 when a simple hand pump pressure spayer would do the job as would a bucket and a brush
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

If you want to save a fair bit of dosh and not bother with all the fancy plastic mouldings, you can get something like this for £20. Just add a bucket.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-12V ... 3612402919
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

As someone who did the whole pump up sprayer thing for a while I can assure you that an electric pressure washer is a significant upgrade and makes life far easier when your bike's caked in mud. I still use the pump up washer for rinsing salt off my gradventourer but for shifting mud there's no contest. I'd try one of the eBay DIY ones next if my current washer packed up, I've read positive comments elsewhere about them. I'm also intrigued by the Worx washers but have read that you need to go for the brushless model for good results.
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

I do have one of the garden sprayer types but it doesn’t put out much Pressure. I had seen the sub £30 eBays ones and was wondering it they were worth a punt.