2013 Solstice 150 Mile Lightweight Raid, June 22/23.

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

jamiep

Re: 2013 Solstice 150 Mile Lightweight Raid, June 22/23.

Post by jamiep »

I've not been able to contact Ray by email/text/PM and so I am pulling out (unless someone contacts me this evening to say it is on). I've not got a GPS and so don't want to turn up potentially on my own and not know how to get around and then home
paul78

Post by paul78 »

Me and a friend are setting off within the hour to ride across to the start via a quick stop in Carlisle.

We will be navigating the route via GPS and will be doing the whole thing in a day .. depending on your speed you can tag along .. we may head south toward Newcastle before the finish when the last part of the route picks up the Sustrans no 1 route .. will pm you my number if you wanna text me.

If GPS fails us we will just head east and freestyle something :)
shoestring-racing.blogspot.com
paul78

Post by paul78 »

Ray

Did you ride the route ?

We rode across to Carlisle last night and weather was pretty awful so after seeing a friend start the Hadrians Wall Ultra we grabbed a train back ... sods law the weather seemed to improve on train journey back and now in Newcastle its pretty good.
shoestring-racing.blogspot.com
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Hi all, just back in the house now and yes I did the route, we'll most of it, more on that later when I'm not so knackered. Jamiep, sorry I didn't get your messages, I had to stay at my sister in laws from the monday as she has been having trouble with a neighbour then I left on Thursday to ride to the start and had my phone on aeroplane mode to save the battery, didn't get your text till Saturday morning, shame as it would of been nice to have a riding partner.