Wahoo Roam, "distance to next cue" & Mapyx Quo

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Jonathan

Wahoo Roam, "distance to next cue" & Mapyx Quo

Post by Jonathan »

Hi,
I use Mapyx Quo to plan my rides and make gpx files. With the Roam there's a "distance to next cue" feature which tells you the distance to the next point of interest that you've identified in your gpx file. Does anyone know how to get this to work with Mapyx Quo? I asked both Wahoo and Mapyx Quo already.
Krixmeister

Re: Wahoo Roam, "distance to next cue" & Mapyx Quo

Post by Krixmeister »

Not the helpful answer you are looking for, and hopefully someone more knowledgable than me will come along shortly, but in meantime...

Perhaps try uploading your Mapyx GPX to either Strava routes or Komoot, at least on a one-off, to see if you are getting the cues, unless there are specific requirements you have for Mapyx?

FWIW - I have a roam, and use Strava for almost all my routes. It's a bit random if the cues show up (they are supposed to with Strava), works well enough for me. The couple of times I've tried Komoot (and the Roam link) I was quite impressed, but I'm sticking with Strava nonetheless - old dog new tricks etc.
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

What is a "cue" in strava? Is it a specific field or just a point name?
Boab

Post by Boab »

You could also try Ride with GPS, which produces a cue sheet to go along with your GPX. I've got an ELEMNT, so Strava produced routes don't cause the cue thingie to work. If I import from Ride with GPS though, it works as expected.
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

Thanks all. I think a one month subscription to ridewithgps might be the solution, I haven't found a free way to do it. I want the cue sheet for the cafes / shops along the Highland 550 so it's just a one off really.