thigh rub

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

techno

thigh rub

Post by techno »

This isn't a question about chafing.
I have the following problem. my thighs whack on my seat pack (small alpkit koala) where it mounts to the seatpost.
Has anyone else had this problem and what was your solution?
AlexGold

Re: thigh rub

Post by AlexGold »

I have large legs and had a similar issue, I solved it with a carradice and a bagman. Not sexy I know, but as a bonus I can actually get to the contents easily!
techno

Post by techno »

AlexGold wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:56 pm I have large legs and had a similar issue, I solved it with a carradice and a bagman. Not sexy I know, but as a bonus I can actually get to the contents easily!
that's an option. but i think it might not cope well with rougher terrain?

edit:
this looks good, like it would push the bag back a fair bit: https://ridepdw.com/products/bindle-rac ... 4752815873

lighter than a bagman rack and would accept on of my current dry bags too.
PaulE

Post by PaulE »

I have the same problem, and solved it by taping a spare tube to the back of my seat post so it spaces the bag about 20mm back. Make sure that the bag's not rubbing on the tube though!
techno

Post by techno »

PaulE wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:29 pm I have the same problem, and solved it by taping a spare tube to the back of my seat post so it spaces the bag about 20mm back. Make sure that the bag's not rubbing on the tube though!
Neat! Dual use, I like it.
Only issue I can forsee is that because I run tubeless if I need the tube I then won't have something to replace it. Hmmmmmm.....
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Only issue I can forsee is that because I run tubeless if I need the tube I then won't have something to replace it.
Surely you could use a piece of anything to perform the task? Some pipe lagging perhaps - weighs nowt and would provide a handy if very small pillow :-bd

Remember, the further you push the weight beyond the wheel axle, the greater (negative) effect on handling.
May the bridges you burn light your way
PaulE

Post by PaulE »

techno mail wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:40 pm
PaulE wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:29 pm I have the same problem, and solved it by taping a spare tube to the back of my seat post so it spaces the bag about 20mm back. Make sure that the bag's not rubbing on the tube though!
Neat! Dual use, I like it.
Only issue I can forsee is that because I run tubeless if I need the tube I then won't have something to replace it. Hmmmmmm.....
Crap...never thought of that! I too run tubeless... I guess I'd bodge something in there or just put up with a tad of thigh rub...
rocklobstercat

Post by rocklobstercat »

Just make sure the bag near the seatpost stays a tapered shape after packing. Sometimes it can bulge causing thigh rub. I normally squeeze this part of the bag together after packing to ensure this.
techno

Post by techno »

rocklobstercat wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:55 pm Just make sure the bag near the seatpost stays a tapered shape after packing. Sometimes it can bulge causing thigh rub. I normally squeeze this part of the bag together after packing to ensure this.
Yeah that's a great point. I might have to try a different way of loading the bag.