Re: Moors One Hundred 2020

Post by boxelder »

FOMO kicked in
4 spaces left
Growler

Post by Growler »

Morning chaps

Event is sold out now but if any Boners want to get in, give me a shout and we'll get you on the list.

Cheers
Si
survivor

Post by survivor »

Amazing. Can't believe the jump in numbers compared to last year but off the back of it I'm not surprised. Was a cracking weekend. I'll have to up my game this year to ensure pizza though. I may or may not of been the guy who you thought was dead but rolled in well after dark :lol:

You pitched the event perfectly as a gateway drug. That was my first ride and stop out and I've been hooked since. Well done. :-bd
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Growler wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:31 am Morning chaps

Event is sold out now but if any Boners want to get in, give me a shout and we'll get you on the list.

Cheers
Si
Congrats Si. :-bd Well deserved for all your efforts the last couple of years.

Have you got dibs on the playing field?
Growler

Post by Growler »

In Reverse wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:09 pm

Cheers
Si
Congrats Si. :-bd Well deserved for all your efforts the last couple of years.

Have you got dibs on the playing field?
Thanks chaps. We have yet to sort anything in Goarthland, but last worked pretty well, with most staying on Abbotts Farm. i'm going down to see them soon to sort that side of things out. Hoping to get the full top field.
Growler

Post by Growler »

survivor wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:26 pm Amazing. Can't believe the jump in numbers compared to last year but off the back of it I'm not surprised. Was a cracking weekend. I'll have to up my game this year to ensure pizza though. I may or may not of been the guy who you thought was dead but rolled in well after dark :lol:

You pitched the event perfectly as a gateway drug. That was my first ride and stop out and I've been hooked since. Well done. :-bd
Brilliant, thank you. Thats the whole object of the M100, to get everyone into this sleeping in ditches thing :-bd
Mart

Post by Mart »

Would love to but Ive a big trip towards the end of May planned - I may need some recovery time after
2924 miles per Gallon
Growler

Post by Growler »

Yo Boners

Exciting news... due to phones and emails going into meltdown after doing a podcast with Alastair Humphreys last week (it made the top 20 chart on iTunes :oops: ) Ginni has caved in to demand and released another batch of tickets.

Good bit is that it's loosened the perilous finances a bit (i'm only going to lose a bit of money now, rather than quite a bit) and enabled her to get really ambitious on our Saturday night entertainment. We are just pulling the last details together this weekend, but we have not one, but three treats for you (not the shonky keyboard man that we had on year one :-bd ). Both up and coming acts, one doing it as a warm up for Glastonbury, the other has gone from busking in Camden to over 15 million hits on Youtube over night! Plus an after party set from one of the UK's best festival DJs. Y'all need to remember to pack your super light dancin' shoes :grin: :grin:

Tickets officially go back on sale Friday morning, but if you head over to the website now, the link is working to the eventbrite page, so get in sharpish chaps.

Si Thi on't moors
Si
Jamesh

Post by Jamesh »

Signed up for this, look forward to rolling around a new part of the map for me. I'm going to use this as one of a few gateway events for my partner.. which already makes me wonder what the general bike choice is!? :grin:
Growler

Post by Growler »

Less than 10 places left now folks :-bd
Mike

Post by Mike »

Si, dropped you an email fella. I would like to come buddy but i wanna get 2/3rds of it done on the sat so i can get back sunday at a good time. Im not after a camp ticket so would that make a difference ta si?
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Jamesh wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:52 pm Signed up for this, look forward to rolling around a new part of the map for me. I'm going to use this as one of a few gateway events for my partner.. which already makes me wonder what the general bike choice is!? :grin:
Two friends of mine rode it last year on gravel bikes. She says she regretted not taking her hardtail (but not enough to not enter this year!).

I'll probably take my rigid plus bike.

I'd always err on the side of comfort if advising someone, particularly with less experience: better comfortable and slow than uncomfortable and fast... which often just ends up being uncomfortable and slow, or at least will seem like it.
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

Cheers
Si
Hi,
Could you sort me a space?
Ta
Growler

Post by Growler »

:-bd
Growler

Post by Growler »

Hi Boners

Just a little update on where we are.

Obviously we are facing uncertain times and what I write today might change at any time, but I thought I would let you know where we are at the moment....

We are 100% ready to run this event as soon as it is safe to do so. Everything is in place to go on the original date should that be possible, however unlikely that may seem today. High Paradise is of course currently closed, as is the Hub at Goathland. And I guess all the pubs and cafes along the route. These little businesses have taken a massive hit, and rather than cancel the event, we have decided to delay any plans to call off the event. They are going to need our support when this is over. Finding a date was a bit of a headache due to existing bookings, but as these have now all cancelled, this is no longer a problem, and they are financially relying on us continuing as soon as it is safe to do so.

Only time will tell.

We are all still looking forward to putting this on and hope to do so on the original date, however if the date has to change, it has to change. We have looked at the other options, August and September and are ready to go at short notice, again as soon as it is safe to do so, and giving you as much notice as possible. I have spoken to many of you and there is a will to follow this plan, we all need a little light at the end of the tunnel.

I'll try and keep you updated as often as I can.

Hang on in there, keep safe and try not to go crazy. Fingers crossed that at some point this summer we will all be enjoying the freedoms that we have so far taken for granted. And that in mind it will be even more special.

See thi on't Moor
Si
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

cheers for the update though with everything going on I had forgotten about this

If you have to cancel you can keep my money and distribute to help out the affected businesses
Growler

Post by Growler »

Lazarus wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:38 pm cheers for the update though with everything going on I had forgotten about this

If you have to cancel you can keep my money and distribute to help out the affected businesses
Thats a very kind and i'm sure will be extremely welcome. Poor Ginni is beside herself with worry. I feel really bad about it, especially after all the no shows in 2018 which really cost her a packet. :oops:

I'm very sure there will be no cancellation though, date change maybe, but as soon as we are out of this we are ready to roll. I need something to look forward to and I'm sure im not alone. If anyone can't make the revised date the ticket will of course be valid for next years event.

Lets keep safe and keep everything crossed :-bd
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

Likewise, looking forward to this but very happy to wait. Also if have to cancel then please do keep the money and distribute as needed.
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Same here.
windjammer

Post by windjammer »

if you have to cancel give my money to the cafe too
Growler

Post by Growler »

Hi Folks

Hope you are all keeping sane.

We are hoping Boris and Co are going give us a roadmap on thursdays review on how we are going to be living for the forseable future. We will then decide on friday after a bit of time mulling it over wether we run in June or in September, or indeed pospone to spring 2021.

We are also looking at the possiblity of doing something on the original date should we be faced to pospone. A virtual Moors 100 online. Plans are sketchy at the moment, but we would love to do something. maybe a look at the route and some of the things we would have seen if we were out there followed by some sort of live stream on the evening featuring some of the artists we have lined up. You will have to supply your own beer and pizza, but if it works it could be quite fun and give us something to kill another lockdown weekend.

Fingers crossed.

keep safe
stevewaters

Post by stevewaters »

Thanks. - Could I please be added to the list ?
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Can I also be added to the reserve list please? (If it's moved to September or later)