That film is available

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Lazarus

Re: That film is available

Post by Lazarus »

The Divide was made there was no rule prohibiting filming so it's not relevant to say a previous rider was filmed other than to make out she was being singled out.
I think it is relevant to point out she is only doing what others have done including the organiser. I dont think she made out she was singled out she made out that decision to restrict fliming etc was notput on others. Oh and on singled out is the no mobile phone part of the rules or just part of her rules?

I suspect some of this is the sport is on the cusp of going from dedicated amateurs to pros doing it - or at least riding is their job and publicity their game.
The sport does not seem to have adpted to this- I assume the solution is a dedicated filming crew none of the riders know ???
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Lazarus wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:30 am
I suspect some of this is the sport is on the cusp of going from dedicated amateurs to pros doing it - or at least riding is their job and publicity their game.
The sport does not seem to have adpted to this- I assume the solution is a dedicated filming crew none of the riders know ???
I suggested this at the time., though an independent film crew wouldn't, unless it was very large, easily cover such a spread out field.

Your point about increasing professionalism may well be the major issue here. Sponsors want something in return, a nice film is an obvious deliverable. That "divide" between the true amateur and semi-pro could result in many unfair advantages.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Indeed it will but the reality is "pro atheletes" * are riding it now - its her job and she is not alone in that respect - and pro has many advanatages over amateur.Perhaps have two records?
True ITT cyclists
Pro ITT cyclist
Then again where would Rich and Tom fit into that equation?
The sport is going to have to agree some rules fairly sharpish

* TBH even if you just paid me so that i did not need to work it would be an advantage v those who have actual jobs to fit in around training /riding/remaining married etc We cannot all be semi retired and live in the highlands now can we - is their a very jealous emoticon to insert ?
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

It wasn’t the great film it could have been but I enjoyed it overall.. I think they had to address the FB sniping thing and did it well enough but it just isn’t interesting to me.
My main gripe was that I didn’t get a strong sense of the drama of the race. And parts of it were plain confusing.

Now ‘Divided’ is a cracking film. I’ve watched it two or three times and even recommended it to non-cyclists.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Charliecres wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:18 pm Now ‘Divided’ is a cracking film. I’ve watched it two or three times and even recommended it to non-cyclists.
Any film with a bleeding nose stuffed with Twix wrappers is going to be great. I agree that Divided is a brilliant film.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Amazing how he time travels
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

wriggles wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:24 pm Oh.... :wink:

https://bikepacking.com/plog/the-length-time-film/
Cracking watch :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Karl

Post by Karl »

Found that quite boring. Dave's was much more entertaining. Slightly disappointed 🙁
FLV

Post by FLV »

Karl wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:49 am

Found that quite boring. Dave's was much more entertaining. Slightly disappointed 🙁
I agree Karl, though maybe thats the reality :lol:
I'm 25 mins into it and have given up for today. There doesn't seem to be a story with it, just shots of Josh riding down a road. Seems to have his sh1t together to be fair.
Perhaps there'll be more of interest later but I'll find out in a few days.
Blackhound

Post by Blackhound »

Watched it last night. It is a different type of film, a slow movie I think they are called. If you watched 'The Last Igloo' a few days ago or the one about Sami tribe herding reindeer last year you get the idea. Nothing much happening and then suddenly a voice appears. It took a while to settle into but once I did and realised it was not going to be 'rad' I started to enjoy it.

I would have liked to see less of the time shots when they happened quickly, I found the black screen distracting, and maybe the some mention of where the places were. Sometimes I guessed correctly and sometimes not.