What you doing next year?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Asposium

Re: What you doing next year?

Post by Asposium »

Only trip planned is the tour aotearoa, New Zealand in February

Likely dales divide, WRT, and BB200

Would have said maybe moors 100; however, it is full.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

So far...winter event to kick things off, WRT obviously :-bd Moors 100 booked. Hopefully something Scottish via Caledonian sleeper, quite possibly a full trip around the Braunton 150 route with diversions.
I’d like another multi day trip like this years Spanish C2C, I get into a groove on these trips and want more of it :-bd
Bivvy a month for the 4th year I expect......
Some gig packing with Reg (if we can get passes for consecutive weekends in February)

More more miles! Despite the SC2C I’ve clocked up only around 2k this year including one century

Ride in some new places, I’ve done OK this year, most of my BAM’s in vaguely interesting places, surely BAM is about more than just sleeping outside?

Get my veloviewer square to huge size! Although VV is quite possibly very geeky, it’s been a great motivator to get out for rides in the way home from work etc.

BB200 if I can keep a decent level of fitness, this year would have been good, unfortunately I missed out due to the near instant sellout. Although I’m not really into the race thing I’d be interested to find out if I’m actually soft or not :???:

Enjoy and appreciate being able to enjoy the hills, as Richard found out we might not be able to do this forever, I’d like some 2020 trips to be ones I remember when I’m an even older git :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Gregsie

Post by Gregsie »

Got a big year planned for 2020 as I had a couple of health related issues which set me back this year so I've got some catching up to do.

On the definite list is the Winter Event, Dirty Reiver, WRT and YD300.

Also got a plan to ride to the south coast as the wife's got family down there. Plus 'if' I get my ticket stamped fancy the Great North Trail as it only starts a dozen or so miles from home.
Powered by crumpets.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Prays to all known deities that the next year is injury free - Cycling wise the shittest year ever,
Chicken Legs

Post by Chicken Legs »

In Reverse wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:18 pm
jameso wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:55 pm
Holy Land Trail
:-bd It's a great route. Tough but other-worldly in places and the singletracks are so good.
Also noted.

Did Chicken Legs do the actual race a couple of years ago or have I got some wires corssed?
I toured the route in 2017, great riding and super interesting, Jerusalem is particularly interesting.
"What is man but the sum of his memories"
Chicken Legs

Post by Chicken Legs »

Definites for next year are; BB Winter Bivvy, Atlas Mountain Race and Moors100.

Maybe ; GBDuro, Hard as Nails Everesting (might be a bit hipster) :wink:
"What is man but the sum of his memories"
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

WRT and BB200 all being well.

I'm going to start having a pick at some of the ITTs on the self-supported website - The Peak 200 in particular is unfinished business.

BP Hungary are talking about a 1400km wiggley ride, border to border, which I might give a go.

I've been thinking of riding to all the locations that used to be called Gropec**t Lane in days of yore, still just in the thought process at the moment but I do know that, coincidentally, if you plot them all on a map and then dot to dot them, it forms a representation of a giant phallus.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Last para - excellent!! Sod all that Divide this, Trans that, 900 the other. I refer us to the "I know I shouldn't be surprised" thread, and there it is in a nutshell (*). I'm in! :lol: :-bd :-bd

(*) nutcase, more like :-bd
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
FLV

Post by FLV »

I wondered when this thread would start. I like reading what people are planning :grin:

For me, This year saw me back on the bike and I've enjoyed a few great trips. Next year, well here we go

- Bear Bones Winter Event
- Trans Cambrian, just at touring pace, preferably with company, when the clocks change
- WRT I hope, amazingly never attended one.
- Tuscany Trail, or something else of similar vein at a similar time
- JennRide again if its on
- Yorkshire dales 300, slowly
- Second city divide route, either when the event is on or when it suits to do it
- Considering the Trinacria Scicily
- Maybe the BB200 depending on the above

Hmm, writing that down it all seems a little ambitious. Also my other half is looking to give a kidney to her brother so the wheels will fall off some of these plans should that happen / when that happens. But thats fine, its just bike riding :-bd
Mark E

Post by Mark E »

So far for me it is:

Winter event
Dirty Reiver with my brother (if I can keep up with him!)
Something for a week in May when off on half term-maybe up to Cape Wrath in the An Turas Mor or a trip to Europe.
The Ardennes Arbalete route off bikepacking.com on the tandems with the kids in the summer holidays (or at least start on it and see how we get on!)
The BB200 if I can get a place.
Possibly the Trans Cambrian with Dave if he wants company and the timing fits.
More local bivvies at the weekend.
Alec

Post by Alec »

Hopefully goal one is to just ride more young family has reduced riding a fair bit.

Events:

The winter event,
Then the wrt (possibly with packraft)
Jenn ride in the summer
Malvern Classic at the end of August,
Then the salop sludger in December.

Im hoping to use the winter event to try and kick off a Bam attempt.
And I will probably try and complete a pam (packraft a month) too with maybe a few overnighters.
FLV

Post by FLV »

mje25 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:55 pm
That'd be grand mate
composite

Post by composite »

Off the top of my head...

LEJOG1400 (UK end to end at randonnuer pace!)
Bryan Chapman Memorial (Welsh end to end and back at randonnuer pace!)
BB300 (at Stu's death march pace)
Another 1000km+ Audax - possibly in Belgium and Netherlands dropping in to see friends to crash on their floors for a few hours. :)
Some bikepacking in Spain, not sure if gravel or MTB yet.
Generally more MTB bikepacking.
Last edited by composite on Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
techno

Post by techno »

macinblack wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:55 pm I've been thinking of riding to all the locations that used to be called Gropec**t Lane in days of yore, still just in the thought process at the moment but I do know that, coincidentally, if you plot them all on a map and then dot to dot them, it forms a representation of a giant phallus.
Fantastic! Surely uou've got to go here too; https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tickle_Cock_Bridge
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

techno mail wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:35 am
macinblack wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:55 pm I've been thinking of riding to all the locations that used to be called Gropec**t Lane in days of yore, still just in the thought process at the moment but I do know that, coincidentally, if you plot them all on a map and then dot to dot them, it forms a representation of a giant phallus.
Fantastic! Surely uou've got to go here too; https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tickle_Cock_Bridge
I'm sure they'd go hand in hand.
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

FLV wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:20 pm
mje25 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:55 pm
That'd be grand mate
Also potentially in for this if you want to stretch to a threesome.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Long and slow recovery. I'm really hoping to do some sort of ultra-endurance event again... but who knows?

Finishing another BB200 would be a huge accomplishment, but I'm not getting ahead of myself.
slarge

Post by slarge »

Didn't get in to the All Points North event, which I was kindof pinning some hopes on (245 entrants for 80 places), so now I'm thinking of the Great North Trail, but ride from home (time is my biggest problem here!)
Then the Hard as Nails everesting thing, Dales Divide, YD300 and BB300

I want to get back into racing as well, so will try to do the Midlands XC series, but they always seem to clash.

Probably the Exposure 24/12 in Plymouth as well.

Plans may well be scuppered by eldest son's wedding in August (in Italy) and elderly parents, but it's good to have some plans.
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

Will do a few of the weekend events; WRT, Jennride, Moors 100. Didnt do BB200 this year because of stuff in the summer so unfinished business there

Quite fancy a bash at the Great North Trail. Nephew is now a chef at Kylesku, so a good excuse to pop in and see him. Might also do TNR again or Le Baradouce route looks really good.

Also want to do BAM next year, crack on with veloviewer tiles and have been thinking about the 100 greatest climbs for a while
FLV

Post by FLV »

In Reverse wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:20 am

Also potentially in for this if you want to stretch to a threesome.
Always :grin:
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

Well after two crap years health wise next years my 50th and I'm trying to get back on track for it...

Turra coo 300km audax, probably make it a double century.

NE 250 around Aberdeenshire

Ht550 variant to link in with Aberdeen and Scrabster

Everesting attempt.

Swim in 50 lochs

50km charity walk if the new knee allows, but it's on a sports track.

All with my mate who's also 50 in 2020

And... Get 50lb lost by April. Might have to re run Fat fighters unless someone else is??
crewlie

Post by crewlie »

All being well, strapping some racks and panniers on taking a ferry to Amsterdam and wandering in a southeasterly direction for a few months.
Sue and I are booked to cross in June, with no other fixed plan other than a European Bike Bus home booked from Orange in mid September.
Not bikepacking but I lost that argument over packing for a long trip some time ago :lol: , but hopefully long sunny days of leisurely miles, and good food and drink...the reality may end up being somewhat different, but still fun.
Other than that and an annual group trip to the Highlands in May, nothing much :wink:
Loki

Post by Loki »

Next year is getting married for me, my biggest adventure yet. But I have permission from the other half to have a week away on the bike, with a few friends I am planning on riding down to see the start of the Transcontinental in Brest, but use part of the route from the Gravel Tro Breizeh event to mix up the route, a bit of road and trail. First of all I need to get some riding done, this past two years have not been good with health issues.
Simon K
There is only one God.......GODZILLA! And he rides a fat bike.
Fat cyclist, fat bike rider, bike packer, photographer, coffee junkie. Brain tumour survivor.

https://www.instagram.com/beardythebikepacker/
https://beardythebikepacker.blogspot.com
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

My only planned event is the WRT but I’ve got a vague plan of a leisurely 3 days in June on some route in either the lakes or wales
Raggedstone

Post by Raggedstone »

I hope to do the three events that I really enjoyed this year again next year .

Winter Event
Welsh Ride Thing
Jenn Ride
Love the make up your own route concept of the Bearbones events it was great seeing people going off in all sorts of directions on the horizon at the top of one climb . Jenn Ride was a nice opportunity to meet and ride with lots of different people as we were all going the same way .

I want to do another multi day trip hopefully either the Big Bear or Cairngorms Loop at a leisurely pace to enjoy the total freedom that bike packing gives you and if I have time one of the Welsh coast to coast rides .

Would like to carry on with the BAM next year I was thinking of mixing Long Barrow of the month (now including Hill Forts) with doing some of the BB200 routes as weekend rides with the assistance of Stu route wise .
The Black mountain route recently mentioned possibly as a BAM i know Reg mentioned similar so will have to see if we can sort something .