Cannock Gravel Route?

Questions and answers about routes.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

composite

Cannock Gravel Route?

Post by composite »

Honestly I'm just being a bit lazy by asking instead of planning my own. I was hoping that someone might have a gravel route on Cannock chase that they wouldn't mind sharing?

Dont mind climbs, but after something that means I dont end up dealing with anything to muddy or boggy.
middleagedmadness

Re: Cannock Gravel Route?

Post by middleagedmadness »

Can send you a loop I sometimes do Neil but there is one section that anytime of year gets boggy, other wise just follow the fire roads and see where you end up can't get lost your never far from either a bridle way sign or the blue route, it's a nice ride in from the canal over chase water then up over gentleshaw, that will drop you onto Castle ring and then onto the fire roads around stile cop from there just cross the road and there's hundreds of fire roads
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

The blue route is a good start for a gravel loop and there's lots of ways to extend it. Note though that the chase is quite soggy this time of year so mudguards would be useful

ImageWalking advertisement for mudguards by Paul Bravey, on Flickr
composite

Post by composite »

middleagedmadness wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:42 pm Can send you a loop I sometimes do Neil but there is one section that anytime of year gets boggy, other wise just follow the fire roads and see where you end up can't get lost your never far from either a bridle way sign or the blue route, it's a nice ride in from the canal over chase water then up over gentleshaw, that will drop you onto Castle ring and then onto the fire roads around stile cop from there just cross the road and there's hundreds of fire roads
I posted this thread and then instantly forgot :oops: and just noticed your offer... sorry.

If you can throw me a gpx that would be great fella. Been so long since I have been up to Cannock I feel like I have forgotten my way around the fire roads. :|