Scot rail and their new carriages

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

bigtalljohn

Scot rail and their new carriages

Post by bigtalljohn »

So Scotrail are adding an additional carriage to some of their trains with extra bike carrying capacity and before its even happened people are being negative, small steps maybe but let's be supportive of anything bike orientated 🤔
At my age you would think I would be very wise, but alas still stupid enough to get into trouble
RIP

Re: Scot rail and their new carriages

Post by RIP »

Lucky you lot up there :smile: . Got a linkypoo to some info? Will they have Dutch-style bike dangly hook thingies or horizontal as usual? I well remember proper guard's vans with room for millions of bikes, and mailbags to lounge around on.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

RIP wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:17 pm Lucky you lot up there :smile: . Got a linkypoo to some info? Will they have Dutch-style bike dangly hook thingies or horizontal as usual? I well remember proper guard's vans with room for millions of bikes, and mailbags to lounge around on.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland- ... s-50168117
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

I'd heard they were planning this but wasn't sure what the format would be. Looks good and will make bailing out of the Highland trail on day 1 or 2 even easier :-bd
Just need something similar on the Inverness line now
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Glasgow-Oban/Fort William, Fort William-Mallaig and Inverness-Kyle were all supposed to get these, plus(maybe) Inverness-Thurso/Wick. Only 5 carriages in the initial pilot though so I'm guessing Kyle misses out for now.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

bigtalljohn wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:49 pm So Scotrail are adding an additional carriage to some of their trains with extra bike carrying capacity and before its even happened people are being negative, small steps maybe but let's be supportive of anything bike orientated 🤔
Where are the negative comments? There's none on the BBC article?
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

whitestone wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:26 am
bigtalljohn wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:49 pm So Scotrail are adding an additional carriage to some of their trains with extra bike carrying capacity and before its even happened people are being negative, small steps maybe but let's be supportive of anything bike orientated 🤔

Where are the negative comments? There's none on the BBC article?
All over Facebook for one.
Gari

Post by Gari »

Got the train to Inverness this morning. Not the carriages pictured, but it was new rolling stock and the bike rack was for hanging as it were, but tucked away rather than somewhere folks would put their luggage as there’s never enough space! Neater/better in my view.
I’ll take a picture and(try to) post up on the way back if it’s the same carriages.