Gravel bike forks - wanted

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Retiredtester

Gravel bike forks - wanted

Post by Retiredtester »

I've just snapped my forks doing TNR, so wondered whether anyone here might have something they'd like to move on? Requirements are fairly specific, so I won't hold my breath!

Must have long steerer - 280mm plus, non-tapered, post mount disc preterable, 400ish axle to fork crown, enough width for 650b x 47s and 100mm dropouts, qr or bolt through is fine. Current fork (or half thereof) is steel and that didn't end particularly well, but I'll consider anything that's out there!

I've seen a UK company called bivvy bikes do a very competitively priced steel unicrown fork that hits all of the above for only 140 posted, including 12mm thru axle and lifetime warranty! I'll probably end up going for one of them, but the only thing that puts me is of is the fact I've never heard of them. Anyone here had any dealings or heard anything good or bad about them?
wriggles

Re: Gravel bike forks - wanted

Post by wriggles »

Was that the blue forks that were posted on the TNR facebook page?

I have come across Bivvy bikes - but cant remember where I saw them. Do you have a link please?

Other options might be Light Blue Darwin forks, or JamesO might be able to recommend something from the Pinnacle range? Would this work? https://www.evanscycles.com/pinnacle-li ... k-EV319411 420mm a-c 275mm steerer.
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

Thanks, thats really useful advice - those pinnacle forks look v similar to the bivy, albeit qr and maybe a tad heavier (https://bivibikes.com/femur) but are great value. Been offered the bivi for 110, so may just go for that. And yes, the blue forks on fb are mine.
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

Those femur forks do look good.
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

They do. I've just asked the company how much they weigh, steerer length etc and I'll update here as and when.
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

Just heard back and the forks only come with a 225mm steerer, which is a bit of a drag! Nice response though and look like a decent company doing things at realistic prices. Still need a fork though...
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

Ah yes - think as they are starting out only offering one size frame and forks to fit. Thats why I didnt save their details.

Light blue is an option - but there are different forks for the Darwin. Not sure which is which. https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... cat=177815
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

That's right - apparently they may scale up if the demand is there. And he may have a pre production fork with a longer steerer, so it may still be on! Thanks for the lightblue link - I'll drop them a line too.
b_black

Post by b_black »

I literally just made the mistake of buying the femur fork without checking the steerer length for my Specialized Awol, big mistake as it's quite a bit too short. Shame because there's very little out there that have exactly the same features and having them in my hand it's clear that they're well made and the finish is nice. Considering a steerer extender vs. sending them back for a refund.
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

Ah, that's a bummer. Seems a strange constraint to place on a product for the sake of a few mm extra of threaded tube, but I guess they're only looking at replacements for their own frames.