An evening of bikepacking discussions: Stroud, Gloucestershire, 26/09/19

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

qwerty

An evening of bikepacking discussions: Stroud, Gloucestershire, 26/09/19

Post by qwerty »

Apologies for my first post on your forum being a blatant promotion, but hopefully it will be of interest to some on here (i was signposted here from the Singletrack forum). Here goes:

Ideas you get whilst riding along… some fall by the wayside, some become a reality…

Knowing of a number of local riders who achieve great things on a bicycle has led to the bringing together of three riders from the south west, each with a different story to share of their experience of the bikepacking side of our sport, in a not for profit evening they have offered up their time to participate in an evening of bikepacking discussion, Q&A’s and bike & kit checks.

ImageBikepacking evening @ Stroud Brewery 26/09/19 by martinddd, on Flickr

Presentations covering all aspects of bikepacking: racing, touring & leisure, an informal opportunity to ask the presenters questions about their events & adventures and time to take a look at the variety of bikes and equipment that they choose to use & why.

Andy West will be giving an account of the 2019 Highland Trail 550 race which saw competitors battle it out with some of Scotland’s worst weather conditions, the attrition rate was high and those who finished certainly earnt their finishers beer.

Katherine Moore is no stranger to jumping in feet first into any adventure on a bicycle and is going to take you through the fine art of bikepacking in order for you to share and learn through her experiences whilst out in the wilds.

Andy Deacon will take you on a trip from Lands End to John O’Groats, predominantly off road, via The Racing Collectives, inaugural 2019 GBDuro event on his unique set up, and exactly what it took to pedal those last 100km.

We encourage you to bring a bike, bag & bivvy & explore the Stroud valleys with us on the night.

Priced at £7.50 tickets are available from the wonderful organic Stroud Brewery:

https://www.stroudbrewery.co.uk/event/bikepacking/

Cheers, Martin. 🍻
psling

Re: An evening of bikepacking discussions: Stroud, Gloucestershire, 26/09/19

Post by psling »

Looks like a good evening and not too far for me except unfortunately(?) I shall be tucked up under a sheet of nylon somewhere on a hillside in mid-Wales that night :sad:

Good luck with it though :-bd
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Aye an interesting evening, but am also slightly relieved that I'll be 100 miles away: 'bikepacking'.....'brewery'.... helppp!! :smile:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

I'm booked in.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

RIP wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:53 pm 'bikepacking'.....'brewery'.... helppp!! :smile:
I think you’d manage :wink: Alas I will be in London or Serbia working either, can’t usually make midweek events anyway due to very early starts.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
benconnolli

Post by benconnolli »

I could walk to this it is so close, but obviously I will ride as I ride everywhere
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Enjoyed.