The diablo sync??

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mike

The diablo sync??

Post by Mike »

So ive just bought one of these as they were seriously reduced. So has anyone got the sync version and if so do you use it with the app. Is it any good or do you just use it a s the std version?
Bearbonesnorm

Re: The diablo sync??

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I know nowt about this. I have no answers only questions ... am I right in thinking your light is controlled by your phone? What's the advantage over pressing a button on the light?
May the bridges you burn light your way
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

The Bontrager superbright rear light has a garmin/wahoo controlled version aswell...

My take on it Mike is that its always better to just use the fingers due to 1. Less possibility of thibgs going wrong and 2. Not pairing with your device means you not using as much power...

Stu... generally (AFAIK) these things were designed for them gadget/'don't look up at the countryside' freaks who need as much possibility to save that extra 0.000124 of a second.

My buddy Glenn has the e version of my Bontrager. Recently when we spoke he told me how he'd been going 'off' cycling and trying to get back into enjoying... I mentioned how I too had that syndrome recently and remedied it by looking more at where am going and less at the acreen... He wholeheartedly agreed *...

Mike. Don't want you thinking I'm having a go at your Diablo'turn my bedroom lights off' version :lol: I'd have one if it came cheap but probably wouldn't ever pair it to my device :-bd partly my feeling for this came aboit after reading of some di2 problems. Where people were pairing up to the companion app and everything was ending up going fuzzy/confused and pear snaped (the di2 e sync version obviously being alot more complex than a Diablo).

* let me fire the same question at him (how his rear light was better than the standard version)...
redefined_cycles

Sorry. I eat my words (of my skeptical attitude above)... I was wholeheartedly expecting him to tell me his e-version (of the Bontrager... not the Exposure :geek: sorry for bringing another slant/item in Mike) had given up long ago... But seem not. We've bpth had our lights for over 2 years now...

His answer to my query=

Shafiq Hussain:
Salams bro... your rear Bontrager light. Its the one that syncs to your garmin right... whats advantage of it over mine?

"w'salaam batman.. solely that it connects to ur garmin. creates a light netowrk.. so when u turn ur garmin on .. it turns on the light

you can also control the setting of the light

like the brightness if it supports it and the flash type

s'pretty much it

i av both. the one u av and the fancy one

both the same in reality"

FWIW Mike... If I had one I'd not be bothering with the app as I feel it all brings another thing to potentially make it go wrong (IMO) and theres not much advantage I would assume
Mike

Post by Mike »

Just going to use it manually. Its seemed a bargain considering you get a 45quid boost battery with it to and all the mounts n stuff ;)
Mike

Post by Mike »

Just spoken to exposure about this unit seems i got a bargain!!
So the guy in sales said that the light although its marked as a mk9 is the same as the mk10. Just the sync side of it is new they are in the process of re branding it. He also said that wiggle have cocked up their pricing as its reduced by 38%!! This comes with the buffer battery which are £45 also. So if you want a new diablo then get in quick as wiggle may realise what they have done. And he also said it works without sync side of it exactly the same as the std one. The sync allows u to get 1750 lumens out if it though opposed to the std 1500 :0)
redefined_cycles

Mike wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:44 am Just spoken to exposure about this unit seems i got a bargain!!
So the guy in sales said that the light although its marked as a mk9 is the same as the mk10. Just the sync side of it is new they are in the process of re branding it. He also said that wiggle have cocked up their pricing as its reduced by 38%!! This comes with the buffer battery which are £45 also. So if you want a new diablo then get in quick as wiggle may realise what they have done. And he also said it works without sync side of it exactly the same as the std one. The sync allows u to get 1750 lumens out if it though opposed to the std 1500 :0)
Thanks Mike... :-bd
Mike

Post by Mike »

:-bd it wasnt a case of i needed it more i wanted it :lol:
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Mike wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:14 pm So ive just bought one of these as they were seriously reduced. So has anyone got the sync version and if so do you use it with the app. Is it any good or do you just use it a s the std version?
What did you pay Mike as now it's more than a mark 10?
Mike

Post by Mike »

188 mate reduced from 300. Yeah its more than the mk10 at 160 but its got the spare battery pack with it thats worth 45
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Cheers mike