£30 CRC Voucher, Ergon GP1 grips?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

RobLyon

£30 CRC Voucher, Ergon GP1 grips?

Post by RobLyon »

Hi All,

I have £30's worth of CRC vouchers to use up shortly but I can't really find anything I need. I'm considering buying some Ergon GP1 grips to try. I'm not particularly struggling with my current grips but they seem to have lots of positive reviews on CRC, are there any users here? I'm not sure if it's just a waste of the vouchers, any other suggestions on what to buy?

Thanks in advance,

Rob
redefined_cycles

Re: £30 CRC Voucher, Ergon GP1 grips?

Post by redefined_cycles »

Rob. If your current grips are fine and you dont need replacing. If it was me then I'd keep the voucher for a rainy day. Waste not want not (I beleive is the correct phrase)...
RobLyon

Post by RobLyon »

Shafiq, Thats what i've done but there's a 3 month expiry date on them looming so they need using before I lose them.

I think I've decided against the grips though. At the moment the only thing I could use is some headset spacers to replace the ones a friend gave me.
redefined_cycles

Fair point...

A few options then that would be useful yo a BP I imagine at some point in their lives...

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mob ... prod174730

And maybe a chain (after you've bought the headset spacers... which in my eyes would be a waste of dosh as many people on here should be able yo send you a few spare spacers via snail mail what sizes were you after?)... chain and maybe a chain tool makes most sense to me as you van never have enough chains (or little 'to be seen'lights)...

Let me know about the spacers and I'm sure me or someone mighy find you a good few surplus laying about in the messy ManCaves
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

If ever I need to make up the value of an order I buy consumables or spares I'll know I use

Brake pads
Chain
Chain lube
Nutrition stuff
Wheel bearings

Boring I know but it does all get used up and I prefer to have stock in the shed ready.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
redefined_cycles

sean_iow wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm If ever I need to make up the value of an order I buy consumables or spares I'll know I use

Brake pads
Chain
Chain lube
Nutrition stuff
Wheel bearings

Boring I know but it does all get used up and I prefer to have stock in the shed ready.
Add 'tyres' to this list