Anyone wants a bespoke bike bag: TD fundraising for a fundraiser

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Anyone wants a bespoke bike bag: TD fundraising for a fundraiser

Post by redefined_cycles »

Just following on from the story on the TD2019 thread about the Dorsett lad who list his wallet (actually envelope and he does sound legit, although a bit of a numpty).

So its regards Steven Moatts who's on the TD just now. His story on why he is riding and what he is fundraising can be found here https://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/17686 ... ur-divide/

He has a charity page setup (but thats not what this thread is about) to raise dosh for the Madagascan crisis (I'm sure there's many). The reason why I though he's a worthy cause to setup this thread for is because he donates to 'the Madagascan cause' from his own work/business (when he just gets the smaller change contracts.

Anyway. He's been a numpty and lost his dosh (or some of it... about $999). He's obviously a nice chap as is reported, I believe, on this very site but also the fact that Sven cycles donated him a bike to ride the Divide (did you notice how that rhymes)... Anyway, he's also from or around Dorset, which probably makes him a worthwhile charity cause in its own right (sorry... couldn't help... been reading too much Stu comments over past few months and the 'irritant' aspect seems to be rubbing on me.

So if you wanna help... Here is the link to send him some dosh in his PP account skmoatt@tiscali.co.uk

and remember, pennies make pounds and it could be just a couple of $ you throw in which might be the motivator for him to continue riding/eating/surviving and fundraising... :-bd

Well done team and if anyone at any point thinks I've been hoaxed then please let me know :???: but surely its all legit...

skmoatt@tiscali.co.uk. (the paypal link)
redefined_cycles

Re: Anyone wants a bespoke bike bag: TD fundraising for a fundraiser

Oh... and the reference in the title of 'bespoke bike bag'... it came from Steven himself so if you wanted one (and if thats what he said as reported on the message on the TD2019 thread) then I imagine you'd need to make a decent contribution and leave a comment about your hope/intent...

You never know, he could be the next Ms Grape (but I doubt it!)... :-bd
jameso

Post by jameso »

but surely its all legit...
I'd say so, I checked a few threads etc before sharing the post on the TNR FB group and donating. I can remember how much I was fretting in Banff with all that in front of me, all the prep etc, hopefully he has one less thing to worry about now - just pedalling and eating (and wildlife) left now. Nice to think he may be riding even better with a bit more support behind him.
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

jameso wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:38 am
but surely its all legit...
I'd say so, I checked a few threads etc before sharing the post on the TNR FB group and donating. I can remember how much I was fretting in Banff with all that in front of me, all the prep etc, hopefully he has one less thing to worry about now - just pedalling and eating (and wildlife) left now. Nice to think he may be riding even better with a bit more support behind him.
Steven is very legit and a super nice guy. Spoke to him a couple times when he was preparing.
liamg

Post by liamg »

Does anyone have an update on his plans? His spot is showing that he hasn't set off yet, so maybe taking a few days to regroup?
jameso

Post by jameso »

liamg wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:24 am Does anyone have an update on his plans? His spot is showing that he hasn't set off yet, so maybe taking a few days to regroup?
Got smashed to celebrate a windfall, hungover :grin: (joking!)
wriggles

Post by wriggles »

liamg wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:24 am Does anyone have an update on his plans? His spot is showing that he hasn't set off yet, so maybe taking a few days to regroup?
There was a picture of him yesterday going past spray lake (?) So he is on course. His spot wasnt working at first, but is now showing him at mile 126

I will pop a pic up later
redefined_cycles

jameso wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:40 am
Got smashed to celebrate a windfall, hungover :grin: (joking!)
:lol: :lol:

On a more srrious note. Thanks for the endorsement Jameso and Liam... I always try to go by the statement of the poet (Muslim Belal/Ashley Chin), "the more people you make happy, the happier you will be...

Besides, I always witness * the statement of the Prophet muhammed (PBUH) that;

'charity does not decrease your wealth**'

And just today (after having given a fiver yesterday eve just after making this thread) came my Klimit modified skeleton mat (thanks very much for that Steven) for free. It was described as having an air leak which I managed to find pretty soon. Hence my 'just deserts' arrived pretty soon :-bd

*earlier in the week I was proper broke and being agency you never have rehular work... I donated a fiver to one of the charities working in the wartorn/3rd world zones and suddenly, as if by magic, more work came than I could shake a stick at... Not only work but work at York and the shifts have been easy too which isn't always a given... gotta go now as just going into work :lol:

** Granted that in this case its a gift from us to him...

Hopefully we will have an update soon enough if he's managed to recuperste what he lost yet via the fundraiser/FB/BB pages