Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

dlovett

Cabin Fever 2019 Report

Post by dlovett »

FLV

Re: Cabin Fever 2019 Report

Post by FLV »

Enjoyed part one and two. Looking forward to the rest.
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

FLV wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:29 pm Enjoyed part one and two. Looking forward to the rest.
Ditto here. We rode the Kattegatleden from Gothenburg to Copenhagen a couple of years ago. I really liked Sweden.
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Borderer wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:54 pm
FLV wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 7:29 pm Enjoyed part one and two. Looking forward to the rest.
Ditto here. We rode the Kattegatleden from Gothenburg to Copenhagen a couple of years ago. I really liked Sweden.
It will be done soon, life has been very busy lately.
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

The next chapter is up now.

https://duncanlovett.co.uk/cabinfever19/
faustus

Post by faustus »

Nice one sir :-bd

Really enjoying the write-up, will look forward to the next part. Having spent a fair bit of time in Finland (not riding), it has rekindled my desire to explore Scandinavia again - I love the landscapes and, strangely enough, the monotony of it if that makes sense? Beautiful, vast, and not too populated - and not that far away.
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Ditto. About time I put all my online Swedish learning into practice...
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Many thanks, I will try to finish it off over the next few days.
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

faustus wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:17 am Nice one sir :-bd

Really enjoying the write-up, will look forward to the next part. Having spent a fair bit of time in Finland (not riding), it has rekindled my desire to explore Scandinavia again - I love the landscapes and, strangely enough, the monotony of it if that makes sense? Beautiful, vast, and not too populated - and not that far away.
Thank you. It was my first time there and I am already planning to take part next year. It such a fantastic place.
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Landslide wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:26 am Ditto. About time I put all my online Swedish learning into practice...
[/

My Swedish was a couple f words and google translator. Everybody I met spoke far better English than half of my neighbours do at home!
faustus

Post by faustus »

Indeed! It's very difficult trying to speak any of the language in Scandinavia, apart from greetings and thank yous. Almost to a person, you are spotted a mile off and you will be schooled in the English language (in a good way) by someone speaking in their second or third language! :grin:

dlovett - how many people took part in the event? The start line photo made it look like about 7!
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

I was in Malmo earlier this year, and managed to order a meal for four without the guy at the counter starting to talk to me inEnglish!
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Yes as it was the ‘beta test’ there were five swedes, one Belgianand myself. Another Swedish guy did the baby version. A lot of people have expressed interest to the organisers for next year. I think they willl cap at 30-40 riders due to the tracking and basecamp size.

I have an automatic place luckily.
faustus wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 1:41 pm Indeed! It's very difficult trying to speak any of the language in Scandinavia, apart from greetings and thank yous. Almost to a person, you are spotted a mile off and you will be schooled in the English language (in a good way) by someone speaking in their second or third language! :grin:

dlovett - how many people took part in the event? The start line photo made it look like about 7!