Music Players

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

FLV

Music Players

Post by FLV »

Anyone use a music player other than their phone.

Considering buying a cheap phone that will connect and download from spotify. Any one else recommend something?
Al

Re: Music Players

Post by Al »

I’ve got an old iPod shuffle that clips to you. Seems pretty indestructible as no screen. I take it on most trips as it weighs bugger all.
jamiep

Post by jamiep »

SanDisk Clip Sport. The older version, takes a memory card
benp1

Post by benp1 »

For me, no

iPhone is used for everything except nav. Can watch films and TV or listen to music and podcasts. Sometimes take headphones if I'm heading out solo

I listen to music or podcasts when I'm commuting
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

I just got a Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music. It can play Spotify playlists that it downloads to the watch. For running it's great but I doubt price and its general versatility (battery life running the unavoidable bluetooth headphones is short) would suit you.

Something Apple would probably be good (e.g. a shuffle or nano) but it depends on where you get your music.

Having switched to Spotify over the last couple of years I "own" or posses very little music anymore, other than my old CD collection. Listening to the stuff I'm mostly enjoying now means I need Spotify and therefore a phone (or the aforementioned, daftly expensive, smartwatch).

Can you get / use an old handset? Download in Spotify to its memory or a card using wifi and then use that as a player.
techno

Post by techno »

Al wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 6:40 am I’ve got an old iPod shuffle that clips to you. Seems pretty indestructible as no screen. I take it on most trips as it weighs bugger all.
Same here, pretty bombproof too. Mines been through the washing machine twice and recovered after a good dry.
This model: https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail/?id ... ace-grey-c