The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Gregsie

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by Gregsie »

Called in at Go Outdoors on the way home from work for a pressie for my dad and some boil in the bag food for the WRT just in case.

Somehow a MSR Trailshot ended up in my basket. Dunno how that happened. :wink:

Got an extra 10% with my YHA membership which was nice.
Powered by crumpets.
RIP

Post by RIP »

".. kidding me.. " - yep :-bd
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
techno

Post by techno »

RIP wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 8:18 am ".. kidding me.. " - yep :-bd
what a character that guy was. a true free thinker. Enjoy!
benp1

Post by benp1 »

New watch strap

Hopefully means I can wear my outdoorsy/bikepacking watch without the strap giving me some weird pain in my arm. Think the clasp was hitting a nerve, literally
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

I am the postman... just went and collected em. Ordered in for me with price match to CRC and the 10 percent Brit Cycling discount came up all to 98 quid or summat...

M7000 brakes for my Stan
redefined_cycles

*The Sonder
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Price match and then further discount!!

No wonder no one makes money on Shimano

What store was that?
redefined_cycles

Halfords it was Simon. But I think I seen the prices they get their full kit (with rotors and adaptors etc) for on the staff side of things and it was well cheap.

So potentially Shimano might be allowing retailers a big uppricing in the first place.

I was of the opinion that I was being a loyal customer to them (Halfords) as I could have easily just bought direct from CRC and go the same price. That might have the reason why they allowed the extra BC discount (come to think of it)...

:grin:
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

A pair of Michelin Force XC Competition tyres. I've been very impressed with the Force AM competitions I've currently got on the bike which have survived the BB300, Dales Divide and B150 plus a couple of thousand miles of general riding. The AMs in the spec I had seem to have been discontinued :sad: but the XCs are identical in the carcass but with a slightly faster rolling tread pattern :smile:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

Hopefully my rides should be a little comfier from now on. I don't usually 'get on' with bib shorts but these arrived for testing, so I guess I'll have to give them a go.....

ImageIMG_20190510_112523_110 by Jeff Price, on Flickr
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 3

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

redefined_cycles wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 2:51 pm Halfords it was Simon. But I think I seen the prices they get their full kit (with rotors and adaptors etc) for on the staff side of things and it was well cheap.

So potentially Shimano might be allowing retailers a big uppricing in the first place.

I was of the opinion that I was being a loyal customer to them (Halfords) as I could have easily just bought direct from CRC and go the same price. That might have the reason why they allowed the extra BC discount (come to think of it)...

:grin:
Quite the bargain! Had a look in work and the closest I could get buy said brakes for would be £122 (thats trade plus vat).

Quite the bargain for you RC :-bd

*Yes, madison does offer a price match thingy but it’s really not worth the time to fill in the paperwork etc
redefined_cycles

Wow... thanks Simon. I guess I should become a loyal lifeling customer at Halfords... that price you mentioned, it is without rotors right (as mine are both without)... quite the bargain and I'm thankful... :grin:
Loki

Post by Loki »

Fresh in from Alpkit, a Soloist tent.

ImageIMG_20190511_124603 by Simon Kirk, on Flickr
Simon K
There is only one God.......GODZILLA! And he rides a fat bike.
Fat cyclist, fat bike rider, bike packer, photographer, coffee junkie. Brain tumour survivor.

https://www.instagram.com/beardythebikepacker/
https://beardythebikepacker.blogspot.com
SeannyD

Post by SeannyD »

Hi Loki, I’m thinking of getting one of these, would you mind dropping your thoughts about it once you’ve tried it out?
Loki

Post by Loki »

SeannyD wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:07 am Hi Loki, I’m thinking of getting one of these, would you mind dropping your thoughts about it once you’ve tried it out?
I have had it partially up in the garden already, it feels light....very light, I am off out on the 25th i will post up my findings.
Simon K
There is only one God.......GODZILLA! And he rides a fat bike.
Fat cyclist, fat bike rider, bike packer, photographer, coffee junkie. Brain tumour survivor.

https://www.instagram.com/beardythebikepacker/
https://beardythebikepacker.blogspot.com
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Or in my case he hasnt.

Various bits and pieces ordered from Wiggle on 8th, paid for "Express First Class Delivery" and still no sign. This is the first time they've let me down. I wasn't in a particular rush for anything but it was a sizable order so I didn't mind paying for the quicker delivery. I've contacted Wiggle through their helpdesk app but only had an acknowledgement response so far.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Bought my third (and final) Outdry from Sportpursuit. Finally got the "stretchy" version.

They are funny old things and don't ideally fit with the fact I'm a sweaty-beast but the joy of not forever f&cking-up DWR coatings on traditional cags and thus rendering them water sucking sponges is great :cool:

Given the prices I've paid I think 3 Outdrys might add up to the SRP of a decent Rab or similar (buyers-remorse-avoidance-logic :wink:)
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

A Sawyer Micro Squeeze which I am well impressed with and hope to field test this weekend.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Picked a new helmet up over the weekend. Venting isn't the best but it feels solid.

May the bridges you burn light your way
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

I like a nice shiny sallet. :-bd
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Your helmet must take a lot of polishing.
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

And brought me Time ATAC MX8 pedals and Suplest Suptraction Trail shoes....
First new MTB pedals in 12years and the shoes are oh so comfy with an ace sole for walking.
Combo is great in testing. Looking forward to getting it all dirty soon.
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

ScotRoutes wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:21 pm Or in my case he hasnt.

Various bits and pieces ordered from Wiggle on 8th, paid for "Express First Class Delivery" and still no sign. This is the first time they've let me down. I wasn't in a particular rush for anything but it was a sizable order so I didn't mind paying for the quicker delivery. I've contacted Wiggle through their helpdesk app but only had an acknowledgement response so far.
Well, after a wee bit of chasing Wiggle re-sent my whole package and it arrived today. Seems the original went missing somewhere between Wiggle and Yodel. They've not offered to refund my £3 or so delivery charge but I really can't be arsed chasing them.

Spare cassette, larger front rotor for the Pact (and a P-P adapter), 2 spare BBs, a cheap Endura wicking top and a couple of ARC rims to be built up onto yet-to-be acquired hubs for the Orbea.
SeannyD

Post by SeannyD »

Loki wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:15 pm
SeannyD wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:07 am Hi Loki, I’m thinking of getting one of these, would you mind dropping your thoughts about it once you’ve tried it out?
I have had it partially up in the garden already, it feels light....very light, I am off out on the 25th i will post up my findings.
Cheers Simon 😊
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

A bluetooth remote shutter switch for my phone and a mini tripod and phone adapter. I don't have any friends to go bikepacking with :sad: but now I'll be able to take pictures of myself for BAM reports :smile:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger