Eurostar Fully Assembled

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

spindicator

Eurostar Fully Assembled

Post by spindicator »

I’m heading off to the Ardennes in Belgium on the 8th and have booked my bike on the Eurostar assembled. Has anyone done this before? All I could find with the search was tales of boxed etc. If so, any recommendations?
Chew

Re: Eurostar Fully Assembled

Post by Chew »

Yes, I have.
London to Brussels.

No problems at all.

Its a different company that handle all of the freight.
You need to drop it off a few hours before you depart and the place is hidden at the back of St Pancras, which can take a bit of finding.
Then just pick it up at the other end.
spindicator

Post by spindicator »

Good stuff. That’s what I was hoping! I’ll try and find that place in advance just so there is no faffing on the morning. It’s an early start.
gairym

Post by gairym »

I've done it twice.

Once no problem, second time the bike didn't arrive.

They said "no problem, just come back tomorrow" which obviously but a massive spanner in my works/plans.

After much good natured and hilarious banter it transpired that it was my fault all along for not getting the bike there early enough (though earlier than I was told I needed to get it there) and thus it missed the train I was on.

So I'd recommend being extra early with the bike drop-off just to ensure it's waiting nicely for you at the other end.
Last edited by gairym on Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
spindicator

Post by spindicator »

During the booking process they kept saying 90 minutes. I was hoping that would be enough but maybe I should give them 120 to be safe.