BAM April: Dewsbury to London (Palmers Green Mosque) anyone.

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

BAM April: Dewsbury to London (Palmers Green Mosque) anyone.

Post by redefined_cycles »

Been thinking about inviting anyone that wishes to my next BAM2019 for April but thought my prerequisites might either be too much or I might be too slow for inter3sted parties. But after events from todays news (New Zealand) I thought its a fitting tribute to all those that died.

Anyway. The ride is 230 miles with a bivi around halfway (near enough the sides of Birmingham but not in that crazy place of a city) and 13000ft elevation totalled. The prerequisites that I spoke of would just be no drinking (of the happy juice if thats ok and dresscode=baggies * :-bd )... if thats not too much to have wound you up and you're still listening then read on...

Its a recce ride for my charity 24H ride a few weeks after. Reason why it finishes at the masjid is cos thats where the BoB CC are hosting their April event from (so I get to aim for somewhere to spend the night and stay warm and then in the morning after having done a short ride with them (breakfast and lunch being served which is on a voluntary contribution basis) I will head back home on the prebooked train from Kings Cross.

Theres no actual obligation to ride as far as the masjid with me and anyone that was in a rush or just needed to get on could just as easily head straight to the station once we got to Landon or before...

Pace would be roughly around 14 to 16mph and there wouldn't (hopefully) be many stops...

*If baggies (as in Endura Singletracks or something that doesn't show ones sexy bum to the rider behind) was too hard to do then I won't hold you to it and I'm sure there'll be plenty of others (the BoB rides are normally baggy dresscode as uniform policy) flaunting that particular rule!!
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redefined_cycles

Re: Anyone wish to ride to the Masjid (mosque)

Dates... I really want to be there the night before the actual BoB national ride so it would be 6th that we arrive there for... also if you did wish to take part in the BoB national then it would appear you would need to register (I think so they can arrange enough food for 3veryone and arrange people into appropriate groups...

Can register here: https://www.brothersonbikes.cc (the one that states 7th April)
redefined_cycles

Probably of no interest to antone as it is all road (except one little section of a little mud unless my routebuilding didnt do good and there is extra gravel somewhere...). But thats the route in case anyone wants to join up at any point on it...
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

I would love to join you on a ride to Masjid, I can't make that date but if there was something a bit more local I'd be really keen.

No trouble with the no drinking and wearing baggies for me. I'm 6 months into not drinking (and feeling all the better for it too!)
redefined_cycles

Re: BAM April: Dewsbury to London (Palmers Green Mosque) anyone.

Ian... I just noticed this mate. Sorry for not spotting before...

The next BoB (Brothers on Bikes) date has just been released and it can be made into a ride to masjid as thats where people will be staying who arrive the night before. Peterborough on https://www.brothersonbikes.cc/ (events list in top right corner) 14th July is their national ride... so night before would be the end to the ride there...

I wasn't planning on going but more than happy to rearrange my plans and could ride down to stay night, eat(£10 per head or so I read) sleep, breakie (gratis), national ride, eat (gratis), train/ride home...

:-bd

NB. Foods (in my experience) always a bit good but one would needs to register...