Wildcat - the final sale

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Wildcat

Wildcat - the final sale

Post by Wildcat »

Wildcat Gear will be closing its doors at the end of March 2019.

With approaching 10 years of UK-made bikepacking gear behind us, it hasn’t been an easy decision, but life constantly unfolds to present new challenges and we want to make the most of those opportunities.

We started from very humble beginnings, and developed into a well respected small brand that produced simple but innovative kit that just worked. Feedback from our customers has been constantly amazing, and a big thanks for your support over the years.

All remaining stock is discounted by up to 50% and availability of some items is fairly low. When it’s gone, it’s gone. So be quick! https://www.wildcatgear.co.uk/shop/

Thanks,

Beth & Ian
mechanicaldope

Re: Wildcat - the final sale

Post by mechanicaldope »

That's too bad. Hope it's because you want to call it a day rather than it being forced on you. I have got a bit of your kit and think it's top notch. Have consoled myself with a nice new dry bag from you!

Best of luck for the future.
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

Best of luck to you guys, bought a Lion to replace a failing ReStrap bag....will be thinking of you guys on my coming adventures...
quimarche

Post by quimarche »

You'll be sorely missed. All my Wildcat Gear is tip-top.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Really sorry to hear this. I've been using your handlebar and seat systems and an Ocelot frame bag for years and never wanted for anything else. Best of luck in your next endeavours.

Tim
I'm just going outside ...
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Thats bad news Ian and Beth, as one of your first customers for a custom frame bag, I'm happy to say it's still going strong. Good luck with your future endeavours.
gairym

Post by gairym »

No!!!!!

Only kidding, totally get that life moves on etc...

I've just ordered my next generation of bags as I've got no interest in finding out the many and expensive ways other companies gear isn't quite as suited to my bikepacking needs as Wildcat's.

In the 8 years I've been using your kit it has never once let me down. Actually I tell a lie, a plastic buckle once broke (no fault of yours) and you guys immediately sent me out a bunch of replacements - customer service second to none!

Thanks so much both of you for all the time and effort spent making our silly little niche activity more fun.

Cheers, Gairy.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

What can I say?

It's been a pleasure working with you Beth and Ian.

All the best for the future.

PS, please send me those Cuben Fibre samples you made the other year to the hand built bike show.
jameso

Post by jameso »

Damn.. You made the best bikepacking gear out there. Best wishes Ian and Beth, for whatever plans have lead to this decision. And thanks for making kit that made my rides a better experience :-bd
slarge

Post by slarge »

Sad to hear, but life does move on, and at least you can say you were the ones many copied.

Just ordered a Cheetah - thanks for the service over the years
jaminb

Post by jaminb »

Lion, Lioness, Tiger and Ocelot user and bikepacking novice here (probably less than 2k miles). My Wildcat set up is the only thing I haven't had to question or vary since I started. Thank you.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Sad news.

My first bikepacking kit was Wildcat and over the years we've almost got two full sets (plus one or two extras) :-bd Lion and Tiger harnesses are almost a fixture on the bike.

Best wishes to the both of you for the future.

Ordering items does seem like a vulture picking over the bones :sad:

Edit: just ordered one of the two missing items from my collection - a Cheetah. I'll be forever searching bikepacking bike boot sales for the last one. :???:
Last edited by whitestone on Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
mechanicaldope

Post by mechanicaldope »

whitestone wrote: Ordering items does seem like a vulture picking over the bones :sad:
I was thinking that but guess they don't want a shed full of gear kicking about.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Oh no!

Have three pieces and it’s all so well made that in the last 6-7 years, it’s not been replaced :cool:

Sorry to see you go but onwards and upwards, so good luck to the future :-bd
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

All the best Ian and Beth. I know only too well the pleasure and pain of running your own business. Wish you well in whatever comes next. DB
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
belugabob

Post by belugabob »

Sorry to hear this but, as you say life moves on.

Hope the future is heading in a good direction for you.
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Still have my early era kit going strong. Definite testament to you as a brand and as people. Sorry to see you both step back, but things happen.
mountainposture

Post by mountainposture »

Also sorry to hear this, and hope it’s a positive choice rather than a forced one.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

I echo the above... top products. I managed to get a used leopard and what a lovely bag it is... sorry to hear its closing
SR

Post by SR »

Thanks for all help in the past. We have just returned from a 3 week adventure in NZ and your kit was fault less. Enjoy your future

Sarah & Kate
HUX

Post by HUX »

Sorry to hear this guys. Thanks for producing to quality products that have served me well from the start of my bikepacking adventures. Few bits ordered. All the best in the future.
FLV

Post by FLV »

Best of luck with your next venture.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Never did get any Wildcat gear, but best of luck with whatever life throws at you and yours, fella.
Perhaps we'll cross paths again in the future.

Greetz

S.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Not sure I can add much to the above comments.

The design, quality, and service you provided was top-of-the-tree and will be missed.

I’ve ordered a cheetah too as it’s the only item missing from my collection and I always meant to try one.

Two out of my three frame bags are Beth-made and have been through some serious year-round abuse. I washed one recently and it came out the machine looking like new!

We are heading north for a few weeks this summer, I’ll drop you guys a message it would be great to see you all.

Good luck with whatever is next :-bd
PaulE

Post by PaulE »

My daughter still loves the trailer bike (complete with probably the smallest frame bag you've ever made). I hope you are moving on to something similarly excellent!