What's Easter got in store?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

What's Easter got in store?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

So what's Easter got in store ?

I was meant to be coaching but the weather's put pay to that (looks like we're going to be having a white Easter), so I've a couple of seperate trips in mind. One will be north and one south, just to keep it interesting ;)
May the bridges you burn light your way
TheBrownDog

Re: What's Easter got in store?

Post by TheBrownDog »

Easter egg hunt in the garden followed by some overeating and a snooze on the sofa. Doubt I will turn a pedal all weekend.

2014 might be different. Kids told me last night they would happily come winter bikepacking next year but, and I quote: "You will have to get us proper sleeping bags and we're not taking that stupid tarp."
I'm just going outside ...
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

Easter Monday is also April 1st. Make them do an Easter Egg Hunt for eggs you haven't hidden...
For me, probably finishing building the bike I've been slowly building for 6 months, and maybe taking it for a spin. Although Saturday I'm told that the other half is taking me out to do something I'll enjoy. That might be in the sense of "you WILL enjoy it" rather than "you'll enjoy it", mind...
"Where you've been is good and gone, all you keep's the getting there..."
Stevemorg

Post by Stevemorg »

Up in North Wales at the in- laws but so bike so hopefully a little stroll up into the Glyderau from Ogwen tomorrow
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Off to the Borders for a week with family. Taking the bivi gear so half decent chance of a night out withe one or all of brother and boy. Bit of Stanes riding. Might try the Paweshope bothy.

Mostly just glad to be out of work for a week.
gairym

Post by gairym »

Nothing 'bikepacky' I'm afraid but I'll be doing a nice 80km road ride (almost entirely downhill - see profile below) from home to Valence on Saturday morning before getting the train to Chamonix to see some mountains - can't complain!

restlessshawn

Post by restlessshawn »

I work for a bank and ironically don't get bank holidays off :cry:
InspiredRamblings

Post by InspiredRamblings »

restlessnative wrote:I work for a bank and ironically don't get bank holidays off :cry:
Classic!

(Sorry, not laughing, honest).
Salsa Horsethief XT (2020)
Jamis Dragonslayer (2016)

http://www.uninspiredramblings.com
Ian

Post by Ian »

As I gave up chocolate for lent, eating chocolate will probably feature from Sunday :D

Also planning a high elevation bivvy in the Beacons on Saturday night.
gairym

Post by gairym »

Gairy is not a happy bunny!
gairym wrote:Nothing 'bikepacky' I'm afraid but I'll be doing a nice 80km road ride (almost entirely downhill - see profile below) from home to Valence on Saturday morning before getting the train to Chamonix to see some mountains - can't complain!
After a less than friendly chat with the incessant pain in my lower back it has been decided that I won't now be doing a great 80km road ride tomorrow but instead will be doing a boring-as-hell therapeutic swim in the morning followed by a train ride to Chamonix where I'll be spending the weekend NOT doing any fun mountain sports but will be taunted by being able to view the very mountains I can't have fun in!

Seems I can complain after all!

(to be fair I'm being massively over-cautious with my back as I refuse to risk ruining things for the upcoming TransPyr trip which happens 1 month from today!!!)
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Gairy, being a fellow sufferer I can only empathise but given your forthcoming trip I think your being very wise.
Gari

Post by Gari »

Lots of snow, blazing sunshine and a high sitting over the Cairngorms for the next few days. I my friend, am going ski touring on my new skis/bindings :D :D :D
Over Bynack Mor, theough Laraigh an Lough and into Corrie Etchachan,overnight in the Hutchinson bothy then back via Macdui and ski down Lurchers gully.
gairym

Post by gairym »

Ray,

Thanks - it's very unlike me to be wise but at this point my choices are risk being in worse shape than I'd like but almost certainly be able to go on the trip or risk re-buggering my back in the attempt to get in the perfect shape and likely miss the whole trip.

Not ideal but you can only play with the cards you're dealt!