Buffalo Sleeping Bags, Thermarest Mats

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Morebikes

Buffalo Sleeping Bags, Thermarest Mats

Post by Morebikes »

Possibly not ideal bike packing kit, but thought they may be of interest to someone on here before I advertise elsewhere.

A pair of Buffalo fibre pile/pertex sleeping bags.
Outer is badged Survival Aids All Weather Outer. Looks equivalent to Buffalo 4 season outer, pertex shell, but with arm zips to allow sitting up to cook etc whilst wearing it. Fitted hood with two way zip. Main zip is two way as well so you can get your feet out. 1100gms

Inner is Buffalo 4 season inner, fibre pile , no shell. Centre zip, with home cut arm slits to line up with outer shell. 700gms

Will come in a large compression stuff sack, but one of the straps has come unstitched, so needs a bit of DIY to get the bag to compress properly.

These have been stored unstuffed and dry, fibre pile looks in good condition. I remember reading the British Antarctic Survey used to store this type of bag compressed with no issues, so no concerns about degradation.

The two bags new are listed around £300, so looking for £120 posted, £100 if collected from North Wales (Coed Y Brenin area)
ImageLRG_DSC00444 by keithmorey1, on Flickr
ImageLRG_DSC00445 by keithmorey1, on Flickr

I also have two older style Thermarest self inflating mats. These have been stored inflated.

1 Guidelite, 184x52 cm, 850gms. Brown, good condition, £35 posted

SOLD 1 unnamed, but I think it was the Ultralite. 118x52 cm, 490gms. Purple, a few marks from use. £25 posted SOLD

I have pictures of the mats if required, thanks for looking
Keith
Last edited by Morebikes on Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PaulB

Re: Buffalo Sleeping Bags, Thermarest Mats

Post by PaulB »

The shelled one is 'Super Bag'.
polarcherry

Post by polarcherry »

Like the idea of these sleeping bags. But:

- are those weights actual or quoted from the buffalo website?
- what size are the bags? Buffalo sleeping bags come in 4 sizes to cope with height differences?

Thanks
Morebikes

Post by Morebikes »

Forgot about the sizes. The outer is marked as large, whilst the inner is a medium.
On the rare occasion these were used I found the inner sat nice and snug to keep the warmth, giving room to get your arms out and move with the outer. I am 6ft average build.
The weights listed were my weights, done with a suitcase scale which rounds off to the first decimal point.
Regards
Keith
mikejd

Post by mikejd »

Could I see photos of the mats please.
Morebikes

Post by Morebikes »

Photos of the mats. The large one is hardly used, the smaller (purple) one has the usual marks from being used camping. The valves work and the mattresses hold air all ok.

ImageLRG_DSC00447 by keithmorey1, on Flickr
Image2018-11-07_08-52-04 by keithmorey1, on FlickrImageLRG_DSC00446 by keithmorey1, on FlickrImage2018-11-07_08-55-48 by keithmorey1, on Flickr
mikejd

Post by mikejd »

Can I take the small mat please.
Morebikes

Post by Morebikes »

No problem mikejd, its yours. PM me with your address and I will get it packed up and sort out payment with you. Paypal or direct transfer, whatever you prefer.
Regards
Keith