Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

RIP

Re: Newbie

Post by RIP »

Oh, and and admittedly they're unlikely to replace the, say, Lairg postbus with a bike, but my point stands I reckon. Hmm... or maybe they would..... light fast gravel bike 'n' a 20L bar bag'd do the job nicely I'm sure....
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Postbus??? The last of them disappeared last year.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Showing me age :wink:. Last time went on the Lairg one was something like 1987 so I'm not a reliable witness...
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

In the last year I think I've seen maybe a handful of fully loaded tourers and even fewer lighter weight bike packing setups.
I had never seen one locally [ though i have ridden right past someone bivvying once]then one ride i saw three of them
certainly getting more popular as is cycling
postierich

Post by postierich »

Aye up GBV any pics before I waste a lot of time having banter with you :-)
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

There's a regular flow of traditional tourers going along the south side of Loch Tay when we are up there, never see many bikepackers though. I have seen a couple of groups with soft luggage cycling up Glen Ogle which confuses me as there's an vaguely exciting cycle path on the other side of the Glen!
GirlBikeVan

Post by GirlBikeVan »

htrider wrote:Our postie parks her van at the top of the village (plus other villages nearby) and runs her entire round - bloody good training tactic :-bd
That is hardcore! But bet she screws her knees up big time :shock:
GirlBikeVan

Post by GirlBikeVan »

htrider wrote:Our postie parks her van at the top of the village (plus other villages nearby) and runs her entire round - bloody good training tactic :-bd
That is hardcore but bet her knees are screwed :shock:
GirlBikeVan

Post by GirlBikeVan »

postierich wrote:Aye up GBV any pics before I waste a lot of time having banter with you :-)
I have...but no idea how to add them even after reading the how to insert pictures post. Not sure what click the bending thing on the bottom right means. Bottom right of what? Tried on my pictures on my laptop and on my phone and no idea what the instructions mean!
postierich

Post by postierich »

If you are anything like these ladies you will fit in fine here
ImageUntitled by Richard Munro, on Flickr
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Is that the Scottish ZZ Top tribute band?
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

GirlBikeVan wrote:
postierich wrote:Aye up GBV any pics before I waste a lot of time having banter with you :-)
I have...but no idea how to add them even after reading the how to insert pictures post. Not sure what click the bending thing on the bottom right means. Bottom right of what? Tried on my pictures on my laptop and on my phone and no idea what the instructions mean!
Your photos have to be somewhere "public" so something like Flikr or Imgur. Do a search on "photo hosting". Your phone/PC/laptop aren't public.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
GirlBikeVan

Post by GirlBikeVan »

postierich wrote:If you are anything like these ladies you will fit in fine here
ImageUntitled by Richard Munro, on Flickr
Haha...We've just been plotting and buying bike packing stuff over chinese tonight...Minus the beards :-bd
GirlBikeVan

Post by GirlBikeVan »

pistonbroke wrote:Is that the Scottish ZZ Top tribute band?
Worse. Last years Single Speed event. Rich taped my gears up on my MTB and sent me out to drink ale and whiskey en route :lol:
RIP

Post by RIP »

That photo is amazingly reminiscent of the "are there any women here today?" scene from Life Of Brian as discussed recently! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRnyfVgQbXk.

"taped my gears up on my MTB and sent me out to drink ale and whiskey en route" - yep, you'll fit right in :smile: :-bd