Garmin Dakota 10

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Dagonny

Garmin Dakota 10

Post by Dagonny »

I've got a Garmin Dakota 10 GPS which I think will be fine as a backup for my backup Garmin 520 which is of course a backup for good ole fashioned paper maps.

Question is: I know I can upload .gpx routes into the 'gpx' folder of the Dakota but how in the name of St.Alpkit do I get the uploaded route to display ont screen so I can follow the blighter?
I've had a look on YouTube and that and most of the advice says to use the route manager but I don't have the route manager button. I've tried changing the profiles and stuff but still I don't get that option.

I've got a Scotland coast to coast planned next weekend and it'd be great to have the Dakota as backup.

Any help or advice welcomed regarding getting the gpx route to work, other advice along the lines of throwing the unit away will be disregarded and replied to using sweary words.
fatbikephil

Re: Garmin Dakota 10

Post by fatbikephil »

'Track manager' on mine - the gpx file should be visible and you select it, 'View map' then 'go'. When I first got mine dumping the gpx file into the 'Nav' folder didn't seem to make it appear in the track manager list so I had to upload routes from Bikehike. Now however this works fine