Planet X

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

AndyTheBikeGuy

Planet X

Post by AndyTheBikeGuy »

Hi all,

Made an order with PX but didn't realise one of the items was out of stock, need most of it soon, but they won't send till all in stock. Tired contacting them through the ticket system and live chat, but haven't heard anything. Any idea if there's another way to actually get in touch with them? I just keep getting "We are very busy at present, we'll action the e-mail as soon as we can."

Cheers,

Andy
GregMay

Re: Planet X

Post by GregMay »

You could call into the shop in Sheffield?

Otherwise, good luck. They are somewhat notorious for poor contact.
Gari

Post by Gari »

I have called them in the past, a couple of times in fact. Don’t remember being particularly hard to get hold of, others experience may be quite different of course.
Is there not an option to check for sending items as available, as an edit to ones order? ( been a while since I ordered any more than one or two items.
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

If you don't mind me asking, what item is out of stock? Did you check on the view availability section before placing the order or did it only become clear when you got the confirmation email from them? When I worked there which was admittedly 4 years ago, the picking method was to wander round the warehouse with a knocked off (I kid you not) Ikea blue bag filling it with the items on the pick sheet. If you got to a location and there was nothing in it, you moved on to the next item and left the bag at the packing station with the missing item highlighted. The bags would just sit there until someone got round to investigating.
I'm sure this isn't filling you with joy and it may have changed recently but I expect not.
The problem with it not being in stock is that due to PX's policy of opportunistic buying of ends of line bits and the owners schizophrenic way of falling in and out of love with products and suppliers, it may never come back into stock. Hindsight is wonderful but NEVER EVER buy anything from PX that is out of stock. You could try phoning customer services but I cannot give you any names as virtually the whole workforce has changed since I left. Also you could try Singletrack as Brant Richards is sometimes lurking there and he has just rejoined them (for the 3rd time)
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Cancel order and re-order but don't include the out-of-stock item?

Planet X / On One - bit of a lottery in oh so, so, so many respects :|
restlessshawn

Post by restlessshawn »

Be interesting to see what frames start coming out with Brant back, unless he gets fed up and goes back to trousers
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

Perhaps they will have tweed/carbon mix eroica frames cheap soon :grin:
AndyTheBikeGuy

Post by AndyTheBikeGuy »

In fairness I think it probably was clear that the item was out of stock, I just didn't pay attention in my late night haze.

I thought about cancelling, but unless I'm mistaken there isn't an automated way of doing that, so I'd still be in the same ticket system anyway.

I had a "live chat" with someone earlier who said they were busy and I'd scuppered my chances of having my email dealt with by sending a chasing email 2 days later (I feel such a fool).

I've bought 2 bikes from them in the past and never had any issues, even when a couple of bolts were missing, seemingly not bothered now it's a low value order.

Cheers for the replies, interested to see the inner workings!
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

I'd scuppered my chances of having my email dealt with by sending a chasing email 2 days later (I feel such a fool).
their interesting interpretation of customer relations never cease to amaze or amuse me

I only ever us eof two conditions are met

1. Its dirt cheap
2. I am not in a rush for it

Oh and three its not a bike as the QC is erratic*

three frames and not one took a back wheel with a rotor despite them insisting they had checked it
techno

Post by techno »

I had an order amended over live chat in a few minutes earlier this week.
Maybe try it again?
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

restlessnative wrote:Be interesting to see what frames start coming out with Brant back, unless he gets fed up and goes back to trousers
Of topic, I didn't know Brant had gone back.

I wonder why
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

I didn't know he'd gone back and I was talking to him in the pub the other day...
Teetosugars

Post by Teetosugars »

Of topic, I didn't know Brant had gone back.
He mentioned it on a thread on STW..
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

GregMay wrote:I didn't know he'd gone back and I was talking to him in the pub the other day...
Well, it's not the sort of thing one would want to admit to in public.

https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topi ... h-hangers/
AndyTheBikeGuy

Post by AndyTheBikeGuy »

Quick update, they've replied to my email, removed the item which will be refunded and said I'd get an email when it's shipped. Some progress at least!