Back at it !

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Single Speed George

Back at it !

Post by Single Speed George »

after 6 months off of bike packing after our nepal trip (pushing a bike over a 5460+ meter pass and then doing the longest descent of your life is both hard work and hard to supass... pluss then we hit a bumper ski touring season in the uk. .... so anyway i have fixed my brakes dusted the nepal mud off my seat pack. and eve and i did a nice 50 miles of gravel and single track in newcastleton and keilder forrest staying at wainhope bothy . so basically just tok a mat and small sleeping bag as great weather and decent caffe for breakfast hah .... good way to ease back in to this :P so hello again everyone :P ....

restlessshawn

Re: Back at it !

Post by restlessshawn »

Thought wainhope was closed till end August?

https://www.mountainbothies.org.uk/both ... /wainhope/
Single Speed George

Post by Single Speed George »

oh dear i thought i had checked but maybe miss read it , no information about it beeing closed at the bothy itself, it had even been visited by a few MBA menbers according to the vistiors book last week , so they are not doing a verry good job of warning people, so ye maybe they should put a sign up or something...
restlessshawn

Post by restlessshawn »

Fair enough !
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Single Speed George wrote:oh dear i thought i had checked but maybe miss read it , no information about it beeing closed at the bothy itself, it had even been visited by a few MBA menbers according to the vistiors book last week , so they are not doing a verry good job of warning people, so ye maybe they should put a sign up or something...
We passed the forest road that leads to Wainhope on the borders 220 and there was a sign saying it was closed. Maybe you came in from the other side. I believe it gets closed during nesting season as a pair of ospreys nest near it.
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Ray Young wrote:
Single Speed George wrote:oh dear i thought i had checked but maybe miss read it , no information about it beeing closed at the bothy itself, it had even been visited by a few MBA menbers according to the vistiors book last week , so they are not doing a verry good job of warning people, so ye maybe they should put a sign up or something...
We passed the forest road that leads to Wainhope on the borders 220 and there was a sign saying it was closed. Maybe you came in from the other side. I believe it gets closed during nesting season as a pair of ospreys nest near it.
Update. Just been looking at where Wainhope actually is. The sign we saw was hung on a chain barring a track going off the forest drive. Problem is it was 4k away and the track the chain was barring didn't even lead to the bothy!