First trip out- Wales?

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

outnabout

First trip out- Wales?

Post by outnabout »

Hi All, have got the new bike, some drybags and dragging together other bits and pieces into a first attempt bikepacking bicycle. Have got a request form signed from the missus for a 2 nighter.. kicking off on Friday 5th April thru Sunday 7th late. Was after a bit of advice for where to go to do the shakedown, South Downs Way is local(ish) but Wales seems more like the real deal, and more chance of an interesting 2 day loop.

What do you reckon, stay local (closer to towns incase forgotten/broken kit) or head for the valleys?

Another (of many) questions - whats opinions on running tubeless for bikepacking?, I just converted on my Giant Anthem X 29er with the stock wheels, doing the Wiggle Southern Rough ride as a tester this Sunday, apologies if this is covered a lot elsewhere in the forum.

Thanks for any advice

Cheers
Chew

Re: First trip out- Wales?

Post by Chew »

Just get out and ride, anywhere is good.

Weather could play a big part. More than one night out is logistically more difficult if stuff gets wet, so it may be worth having a back up plan if your first night ends up a bit soggy. YHA/Bothy?
Plenty of info on here for route advice, if you have an area in mind just ask and someone will point you in the right direction.
Mike

Re: First trip out- Wales?

Post by Mike »

im off that weekend so if u dont wanna go it alone drop me a PM