Will's Bothy

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Blair512

Will's Bothy

Post by Blair512 »

Anyone been to Will's bothy lately? What sort of state is it in? And is there likely to be a rave going on in it? Some friends are heading do to it next weekend and we thought we might join them however by the sounds of it it's a bit run down and uncared for these days. Might try to get them to head to Burleywag or Greensykes instead if it's going to be a crap bothy.
padonbike

Re: Will's Bothy

Post by padonbike »

From what I've heard the MBA are tentatively looking at taking care of it, but it is not under their wing yet. I think, with a view to this, some of their guys did pay a visit within the last month to start improving it. The fact that the MBA are considering it all would suggest that there isn't a significant hooligan problem.
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

Such a shame as Will was a generous thougtful person, the antithesis of that sort of behaviour.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

wrong thread oops
restlessshawn

Post by restlessshawn »

I was there in the autumn and it was grand , big leather sofas and even a pack of cigars which I seriously considered trying. Is only about 20 miles from me. Greensykes is vaguely exciting though even has a long drop now
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Thanks Gent's I'll see if we can get down and check it out then, sounds promising that the MBA are looking to take on maintenance agin :-bd
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Maybe the people who were abusing it in the past have grown up and moved on.