Cumulus 150 quilt.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Nutsnut

Cumulus 150 quilt.

Post by Nutsnut »

Been looking at this for a while now, have ruled out the alpkit cloud cover based on length and price (was a much better proposition at its original rrp).

I'm 186cm tall, will the standard sized 150 quilt be fine or will I forever be regretting not going for the long version (which is currently out of stock).
middleagedmadness

Re: Cumulus 150 quilt.

Post by middleagedmadness »

I've got a 250 the older shape with the foot box ,I'm 176 tall and it just comes up over my chin if stretched out
Nutsnut

Post by Nutsnut »

Sounds like they are on the short side then. Don't want to take the risk of getting the wrong one, hardly a cheap mistake to make.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

I'm 180cm and the older (original) style is fine for me. I don't know what the new style is like. Cumulus will do custom bags adding extra baffles/filling. Someone on here had one made - from memory it was 25Euro per baffle over and above the standard price.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

I'd get the long one. I'm the same height as you I think and my Cumulus is probably slightly too short if anything - I'd love it to be about 100mm longer.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

whitestone wrote:Someone on here had one made - from memory it was 25Euro per baffle over and above the standard price.
I have the original style 150 and I had an extra baffle added, I can't remember the exact price but it was about 25 Euro or so. It added about 4 weeks to the delivery time. They were easy to deal with and very helpful. I had mine made longer on Bob's advice and I'm pleased I did as it's long enough to pull up around my head. I'm just under 6ft. I'm also 67kg so if you're of a 'larger' frame then the extra length would be worth it.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

I’ve got a custom 150 on order- for 30cm longer & 10cm wider, with a total 200grms of down, it was €206 inc shipping. I’m 6ft & roughly 90kg.
They asked for a bank transfer, which also added an additional charge from my bank.

Was supposed to receive it before the end of May, but they ‘made a mistake’ & I never got it in time for an event I wanted to use it for. I specifically asked for it to be delivered before a certain date as a condition of the order.

Scotty over near Southport (I think) will also make you one to whatever spec you want. Might be worth an e-mail to see what he can offer..
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!
Nutsnut

Post by Nutsnut »

Cheers all.

I'm 6'"1 and 83kg, sounds like i'll be needing the long version, email sent for ETA and cost as i need these before end of July.

Do you have a link/email address for Scotty (I don't know whom you're referring too sorry)

Cheers all.
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

Nutsnut wrote: Do you have a link/email address for Scotty (I don't know whom you're referring too sorry)
https://bespokeultralight.com/
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!
Oli.vert

Post by Oli.vert »

Unless you are a very very patient person I'd not order from Bespoke Ultralight at the moment. I had a quilt ordered from him middle of March and was told 'about 4 weeks'.

Still not ready after the WRT at the start of May, and less and less communication from him as "typing makes my RSI flare up"
I had no indication of a delivery schedule from him so I took a refund through Etsy - thank foosht I'd paid in a sensible way and could claim one. This was the back end of May, and it was the lack of comms (and product) that gave me cold feet.

Seems like a nice guy tho, and makes a nice looking product, but very poor comms, and no idea at all of when you might receive goods. Certainly not likely to be on time - unless he's found a better way to manage his health.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

At 5'8" the Cumulus quilt size is perfect for me