#southlakesbikefest

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

postierich

#southlakesbikefest

Post by postierich »

Hi guys been asked to do a summer event after the success of SSUK17 last year this year it will be for all bikes !! The event will lean to adventure cycling with MTB and gravel routes with bike packing thrown in if you wish £15 gets you a weekend ticket which includes camping children are free.
Some indépendant bike brands have thrown their names into the ring with Stooge and Alpkit leading the way bringing a few demo bikes with them so if you fancy a weekend in a loverly part of the country get signed up on Eventbrite
Video gives you an idea of the low level xc routes #southlakesbikefest
South Lakes Bike Fest 31st of Aug to the 2nd of September. £15 gets you a festival ticket that includes camping for the whole weekend kids under 16 stay for free with paying adults.
Friday evening ride in the local area, lights needed the ride will end at the Hawkshead Brewery.
150 km Gravel ride with an option to bike pack it or do in one go. GPX download route 10am Saturday start
50 mile Bikepacking route for MTBs taking in some great vistas and cafes for you to enjoy GPX download route 3pm Saturday start.
Guided bikepacking routes with qualified guides max 12 people £5 extrato be paid on the day, start time TBC on the Saturday
2 mountainous mtb routes which includes High St and Nan Bield, maps will be available. ( Anytime)
2 low level but techy xc routes in the Kentmere/Longsleddle Valley Maps will be available. (Anytime)
During the day there will be mtb skills sessions and bikepacking tarp erection and tips on sleeping in a ditches!!
Bike brands like Alpkit/Stooge will bring some bikes to Demo. (more TBC)
Marquee/music/firepits/toilets/a shower! food / coffee/ beer from Kirbky Lonsdale Brewery will be available. If you want to be part of the team to put Staveley on the biking map get in touch. Entries open soon via Eventbrite please share with friends, independent bike companies and anyone that loves riding in fantastic locations.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/south-la ... f=efbevent

https://vimeo.com/232276276
VIMEO.COM
SSUK 2017
Last edited by postierich on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ZeroDarkBivi

Re: #southlakesbikefest

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Sounds great... if I wasn't already going to TNR!
postierich

Post by postierich »

Post has been edited :-)
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

See you there - should not need to scavenge parts from your wifes bike this year - and hope you have booked the weather again
postierich

Post by postierich »

Excellent see you in August!
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

This is the weekend after the bank holiday, right?

If so I’m there.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Is the Adventure Cycle Festival still going ahead Rich? I recall it's meant to be on the same weekend?
May the bridges you burn light your way
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:Is the Adventure Cycle Festival still going ahead Rich? I recall it's meant to be on the same weekend?

I think that's off hence Rich stepping up with this
postierich

Post by postierich »

Actually got an email from them this morning and I arranged a meeting with them as I was riding over that way. They seem to think its going ahead but the contacts I know are not to sure as they have left it very late. Had a conversation with them and they talked about a collaboration between the two events I said fine and am quite willing to route the 50 mile mtb route and the 150km gravel ride through the Brathay Hall. Tickets are not live yet I know Lyon have pulled out due to other commitments and they were the driving force last year.

Anyway

http://www.southlakesbikefest.com

Alpkit will be one of the key brands at the event bringing bikes teepees slack lines bean bags fire pits to give us that festival feel. As well as the demo bikes they will be bringing back packing luggage to fondle and sell. Also offered will be youths mtb coaching see website for updates as the weeks progress. http://www.southlakesbikefest.co
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/myevent?eid=46770321290
Last edited by postierich on Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

They said tickets would be available soon on the 5th June :|
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Actually got an email from them this morning and I arranged a meeting with them as I was riding over that way. They seem to think its going ahead but the contacts I know are not to sure as they have left it very late. Had a conversation with them and they talked about a collaboration between the two events I said fine and am quite willing to route the 50 mile mtb route and the 150km gravel ride through the Brathay Hall. Tickets are not live yet I know Lyon have pulled out due to other commitments and they were the driving force last year.
They contacted me earlier on this year to ask if I'd like to run some workshops. Having prior engagements, I declined, at which point they seemed very put out. I understand that Lyon struggled to make it work last year and Brathay stepped in / kind of took over but I couldn't help thinking they viewed it as something of a potential cash-cow and the popularity of all things adventure and cycling would bring in the numbers ... which is somewhat naive.
May the bridges you burn light your way
postierich

Post by postierich »

Indeed about the cash cow he asked me about projected profit !!!!! I told him all money will be ploughed into the event apart from a donation to my Farmer contact for use of the field(arena)

Which is good to point out to folks book early and I get a good idea of cash available to bring goodies to the event like leccy music(band) open to all ideas if anyone out there has any :-)
nobbythesheep

Post by nobbythesheep »

So does this mean the adventure cycle festival at brathy hall is a non starter ?, just trying to make plans ,enjoyed it last year but if it ain’t going a head will book me and jnr in for the bike fest
postierich

Post by postierich »

They said they were going LIVE in a week with tickets not seen a programme , which is a shame
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

anyone else from here going to this?
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Lawmanmx wrote:anyone else from here going to this?
Cath and I have signed up. Rich has put some more info on the STW thread https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topi ... -fancy-it/
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Mike

Post by Mike »

Nope ill be in the IoM
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

any idea when the routes will be up ? I know the low level and nan bield etc but the bike packing ones and the gravel one
burty

Post by burty »

me and the ball and chain are going :-bd
postierich

Post by postierich »

Hi guys routes are all ready just not giving them out just yet there will be a
75km Gravel Route 10am start GPX
150km Gravel Route with an option to bike pack if you wish 10am start GPK
50 mile bike packing route 2pm start (Guides if needed) GPK
2 local xc routes including Longsleddle and Garburn anytime Maps and GPX
2 All mountain routes including Nan Bield and Garburn and High St anytime Maps an GPX
Local Family ride Maps
Campsite open from Thursday
ImageWHE0341 South Lakes Bike Fest A5 AW by Richard Munro, on Flickr
postierich

Post by postierich »

Adventure Bike fest is on and tickets are live!
Single Speed George

Post by Single Speed George »

now torn between this and adventure cycling festival, as was asked to do a potential talk on Annapurna bike packing , at adventure cycling, but then went all quiet for months but as of yesterday they are back in contact and seein if im still avalable haha, but looks like everyone is goin to SLBF haha so dunno hahaha
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Single Speed George wrote:now torn between this and adventure cycling festival, as was asked to do a potential talk on Annapurna bike packing , at adventure cycling, but then went all quiet for months but as of yesterday they are back in contact and seein if im still avalable haha, but looks like everyone is goin to SLBF haha so dunno hahaha
Simple.
Do you talk at SLBF
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

Ticket bought, see ya there :-bd
ton

Post by ton »

hopefully going to this too.
plans to cycle up on friday from sunny leeds.
following the canal then the way of the roses route. and then chill on saturday, and ride back sunday.

say hello if you see a very un cyclist looking cyclist......... :-bd