Thanks for a great weekend

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Scattamah

Re: Thanks for a great weekend

Post by Scattamah »

Big thanks to Stu 'n Dee for a great weekend as always. Long may the WRT live on.

And a shout out to Jase, Andy and Nige for putting up with me over the weekend and dying at the dinner table Sat. night.

Greetz

S.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

On a slightly sour note, somebody crashed into the back of me on the way home so I've got to ring the insurers this morning. :roll:
There seemed to be a disproportionate number of sub standard drivers out there yesterday driving back to england-shire.
Wilkyboy

Post by Wilkyboy »

Blackhound wrote:When Wilkyboy showed up about 1030pm I thought it was going to be a get orf my land moment. Hope you found a suitable spot.
Yep, right up on the top, clear view of the skies, amazing "dark sky" panorama, absolutely free from all motor noise all night — exactly what I had hoped for :grin:

'Twas good to chat, I hope you got a good night's sleep under the trees :wink:
darbeze

Post by darbeze »

Taylor wrote:On a slightly sour note, somebody crashed into the back of me on the way home so I've got to ring the insurers this morning. :roll:
There seemed to be a disproportionate number of sub standard drivers out there yesterday driving back to england-shire.
That is truly crap....

Hope you get it sorted out quickly and without hassle.

Good to see you again... (Even if you did weigh my bike too heavily) :wink:

Si
psling

Post by psling »

Not good Taylor :sad: Is the vehicle usable? Hope you get sorted soon.

ps - will be in Brizzle tonight at Lee Craigie's Divided (The Haus I think the venue is called?)
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Ditto. And compliments to 'newbies', whatever happened on the way round, and in LHC(A) plenty did, you got back so you must have done something right - not least being doing more than you probably thought you could handle when you set off. Special thanks from me to Scotty , Steve and Si. Top chaps all round.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Mart

Post by Mart »

Great weekend and loved meeting others as we went round - Just amazing how many of us picked the same pub for food Saturday night
Thank you Stu and Dee (amazing what I do for a slice of the best lemon drizzle in Wales)

Bike now cleaned for next outing - well I brushed the dust off
2924 miles per Gallon
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Mart wrote:Bike now cleaned for next outing - well I brushed the dust off
I'm pretty certain mine is cleaner than when I arrived, thanks to having some of the bigger bits of mud knocked off. :lol:

Oh, and vaguely on topic...

Nearing cafe bikepacking critical mass there. :lol:
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

psling wrote:Not good Taylor :sad: Is the vehicle usable? Hope you get sorted soon.

ps - will be in Brizzle tonight at Lee Craigie's Divided (The Haus I think the venue is called?)
Still drivable, buckled bumper and inconvenience are the two things, no injuries. Just awaiting the repairers to call and courtesy van to be delivered.

I'd seen the Lee Craigie thing but the wifes in London overnight and I haven't sorted a baby sitter otherwise I might have gone.
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Yes, it truly was an amazing weekend, even better then the bloggers and Instagramers make it out to be!

Cracking show Stu & Dee, you have every right to be VERY proud of your unique creation.
Taylor wrote:
psling wrote:Not good Taylor :sad: Is the vehicle usable? Hope you get sorted soon.

Still drivable, buckled bumper and inconvenience are the two things, no injuries. Just awaiting the repairers to call and courtesy van to be delivered.

I'd seen the Lee Craigie thing but the wifes in London overnight and I haven't sorted a baby sitter otherwise I might have gone.
Don't suppose you have a time/location? Might be able to get up after work...
psling

Post by psling »

ZeroDarkBivi wrote:
18.30 for 19.30, Club Haus Bar, Welsh Back, BS1 4SD

(Hadn't noticed the address before; Welsh Back - seems appropriate at the moment!!)
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
psling

Post by psling »

Richard G wrote:
Oh, and vaguely on topic...

Nearing cafe bikepacking critical mass there. :lol:
Can't quite see it but there's a Goldie Looking Bear hiding just out of site in that photo !
Oli.vert

Post by Oli.vert »

Words almost fail me....(yeah right)....but that was one of the best weekends I've had in bloody ages!

Huge thanks to Stu and Dee for....just for..... you know....things. Everything.
Also thanks to all involved in organising and riding the LHCs, top folks all.

I've gone from bikepacking resistant to bi(kepacking)-curious, and wondering if there's life for me after Carradice*. :shock: :roll: :lol:

*Amazed it held together tbh, but it seems to work pretty well. :-bd
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

ZeroDarkBivi wrote:Yes, it truly was an amazing weekend, even better then the bloggers and Instagramers make it out to be!

Cracking show Stu & Dee, you have every right to be VERY proud of your unique creation.
Taylor wrote:

Sold out apparently.
scott of the woods

Post by scott of the woods »

A belated thank you to Stuart and Dee for yet another fantastic WRT Your prayers to the weather gods really paid off, along with all the fabulous prizes, exotica and lemon drizzle cake makes this one of the greatest weekends of the year.
Thanks to all the members of the lhc (a) that I had the pleasure of riding with especially Reg for being our governor, Steve for his endless stories of derring-do, Stu for his impressive hill climbing and witty conversation, Ben for sorting out a cracking bivi spot for Sunday night, and finally John and Paul for the most outstanding stationary crash I have seen in a long time. I just wish I went for the photo first before coming to your assistance. Some photos to follow when I get round to it
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

scott of the woods wrote:A belated thank you to Stuart and Dee for yet another fantastic WRT Your prayers to the weather gods really paid off, along with all the fabulous prizes, exotica and lemon drizzle cake makes this one of the greatest weekends of the year.
Thanks to all the members of the lhc (a) that I had the pleasure of riding with especially Reg for being our governor, Steve for his endless stories of derring-do, Stu for his impressive hill climbing and witty conversation, Ben for sorting out a cracking bivi spot for Sunday night, and finally John and Paul for the most outstanding stationary crash I have seen in a long time. I just wish I went for the photo first before coming to your assistance. Some photos to follow when I get round to it
Cheers Scott ,got weekends off in July if your up for some more whisky ,beer and witty conversation :-bd
scott of the woods

Post by scott of the woods »

middleagedmadness wrote:
scott of the woods wrote:A belated thank you to Stuart and Dee for yet another fantastic WRT Your prayers to the weather gods really paid off, along with all the fabulous prizes, exotica and lemon drizzle cake makes this one of the greatest weekends of the year.
Cheers Scott ,got weekends off in July if your up for some more whisky ,beer and witty conversation :-bd
Yes definitely a meet up in July! :-bd
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

scott of the woods wrote:
Yes definitely a meet up in July! :-bd
Looking around 22/7 mate if that's any good