Holdsworth Mystique

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Alh14

Holdsworth Mystique

Post by Alh14 »

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBHOLMYSF ... 00c-wheels

What do people think of this ?

Seems a good spec, space for 700x45, threaded BB, loads of mounts. Would be used as winter bike and bridleway basher.

Seems to tick all my boxes but do I have to be wary of Planet X products ?
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Holdsworth Mystique

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Can't help thinking this - 'Holdsworth's first ever gravel bike is a full-carbon work of art' actually means - 'This is the first ever gravel bike we've painted orange and blue' :wink:

Looks lovely but at that kind of money I'd be buying an Arkose LTD.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Scud

Post by Scud »

With Planet X i'd just be worried about service if anything goes wrong. Last 3 frames from them have all been defective in one way or another, and they denied i'd ever posted back to them a Reverb seat post for 3 months, even when i gave them the name of the person who signed for it. Then when i made similar comments on a FB post to say the some, one of their staff decided to drunkenly abuse me by Facebook messenger, forwarded to PX and not so much as an apology..

Shame as i used to love the Inbred/ Scandal frames, but they seem to use the first batch of frames/ bikes as there R&D, instead of doing it before they sell the product....
Alh14

Post by Alh14 »

Haha. They do a stealth version too though. Arkose ltd looks fun but a strange di2 setup.

Hmmm that does confirm what I have heard about Planet X’s customer service.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Arkose ltd looks fun but a strange di2 setup.
No, not strange ...... brilliant. :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:Can't help thinking this - 'Holdsworth's first ever gravel bike is a full-carbon work of art' actually means - 'This is the first ever gravel bike we've painted orange and blue' :wink:

Looks lovely but at that kind of money I'd be buying an Arkose LTD.
It actually means, Holdsworth's first ever gravel bike looks identical to the Tifosi Cavazzo, in art terms a forgery or an homage? :lol:

In their defence, I don't know who picked up the catalogue first and placed an order.... :wink:
Alh14

Post by Alh14 »

Good spot !

That’s good news as my LBS stocks Tifosi. On checking out the geometry though, on the Tifosi site, it’s totally different stack and reach to the Planet X site....I wonder which one is correct :???: