Re: The WRT Goldie Looking Bear - he's given us a clue.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

The Goldie Looking Bear has left the Towers and is now camped up somewhere in the hills.

The previous clue still stands (it's near perfect) bit also remember my love of long forgotten byways :wink:

Happy hunting - a voucher for a Sonder Frontier frame awaits.
May the bridges you burn light your way
MarkW

Post by MarkW »

Did anyone find the GLB?

I completely forgot to keep an eye out.
Rich3rd

Post by Rich3rd »

So where was the little beauty stashed, we were looking out for it round here https://gridreferencefinder.com/?gr=SH7 ... _s_A|0&v=h ?
Never knowingly under biked...
Mike

Post by Mike »

All my pictures are to big to upload but it definitely wasn't there, it was hanging over the trail from a tree somewhere up above the Bala road near Rhydymain :0) I know coz I have it now hanging in my kitchen
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

The GLB was here.

Kings hunting ground ... Forest doesn't imply trees, it means hunting ground. Brenin is Welsh for king and coed Welsh for forest.

That particular bit of forest is marked as Coed y Brenin even though it's quite away off from the main forest ... and it's off to the east.

The forest is planted with evergreen conifer but the track running from the west is lined with old oak.

So, if you followed the clue, it was quite simple to work out where he was :wink:

May the bridges you burn light your way
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Mike must have passed through there before us as on Saturday night we bivvied at the red dot to the left of the GLB marker :grin: I also walked into that bit of woodland to find a beck to get some water and didn't notice anything. Craig (ZeroDarkBivi) rode past just after we'd set up and obviously didn't see it.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Mike

Post by Mike »

Bob I pasted through there on Fri evening on my way upto coed y brenin. I'd had a feeling it was the east side of the forest but not this track I thought it maybe on the track I did higher up the hillside to the north of Bala road which took me over into Capel Garmon. It was just by shear luck I came across him before anyone else on this trail by the sounds of things a lot of folk went through there just after me.