Buying gas labor Day Spain

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ballibeg

Buying gas labor Day Spain

Post by ballibeg »

Well.....I didn't expect the 1st to be a massive back holiday here in Spain. I need gas, had planned a Decathlon stop on way to hills to get gas and bidond but that is scuppered.

Know there's a few folk who know Spain well so should I stop at every petrol station between Malaga and the hills looking!!!!

Grrrrrr, cold dinners not appealing for a week, and, gulp, no coffee

Dave
pistonbroke

Re: Buying gas labor Day Spain

Post by pistonbroke »

Fancy that, Mayday holiday being on the first of May rather than some random date nearly a week away to suit the demands of business. You'll struggle to find anything other than petrol stations open today, Spanish authorities believe in giving workers their holiday rights rather than the erosion that is all the rage in the UK.
Back to offering actual help, im assuming you're on the way to Jaen to the GR247. There are several proper campsites along the route which may do gas, the issue may be getting the right type, the puncture type are common, the screw type not so much. I planned to ride the route earlier this year but thick snow postponed the trip, we weren't planning to take cooking kit, there's plenty of villages catering for hikers which will satisfy your caffeine needs.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Yep, Spain rolls the way it wants to roll with stuff like that...

You can get puncture to screw thread adaptors if you think you might hit a problem - Edelrid do one

You could take a multifuel stove but you'd need to take a new bottle over and potentially leave it there for the flight home
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Keep your eyes open bud ,la dia de la trabajodores is only the start of the fiesta season over the next few weeks /months each seperate village will have their own holidays dedicated to the patron saint of the village , everything will be shut on these days (except the bars )
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Ben, I think you'll find the majority of European countries take the 1st as the holiday. UK is the odd one out, where have I heard that before. Camping montillana in Hornos de Segura claims to sell camping gas on its website.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

pistonbroke wrote:Ben, I think you'll find the majority of European countries take the 1st as the holiday. UK is the odd one out, where have I heard that before.
Mine was more of a general comment in that Spain are very different - labor laws etc (I have to deal with it second hand, I work for a company with a big business in Spain)

It's not a dig, just a comment
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

The Russians have three days! Yesterday, today and tomorrow.

As far as I'm aware the UK has always used the closest Monday/Friday when the actual date falls midweek as well as at weekends - i.e. Christmas and New Year.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry