BB ring issues..

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

rufus748

BB ring issues..

Post by rufus748 »

Fitting a new absolute black oval direct mount ring onto a SRAM rival1 crank.
I've swapped out the original BB for a hope one however the ring now rubs on the BB due to an increase in outer shell diameter of about 2mm.
There's nothing on the absolute black website to day their not compatible and I've emailed them and in waiting for a response.
Should there be a drive side between the BB and ring (if that makes sense) SRAM website doesn't look like there should be.
Getting frustrated.....
In Reverse

Re: BB ring issues..

Post by In Reverse »

BearBones ringpiece issues.

We've all been there. :cry:
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

Depending on the size of the AB direct mount chainring and whether it's a boost compatible version there may be another timing mark on the other side allowing you to reverse the dishing (if the ring is dished). I had this option on mine but IIRC the extra mark is only on the smaller rings. I corresponded with Mr Absolute Black and he was very helpful. Hopefully he'll get back to you soon.
slarge

Post by slarge »

I am not familiar with Sram cranks, but is it time to get the file out? Is it a foul between bolt hole flange and BB shell? Dressing it with a file would be quick and easy.....
rufus748

Post by rufus748 »

Jurassic wrote:Depending on the size of the AB direct mount chainring and whether it's a boost compatible version there may be another timing mark on the other side allowing you to reverse the dishing (if the ring is dished). I had this option on mine but IIRC the extra mark is only on the smaller rings. I corresponded with Mr Absolute Black and he was very helpful. Hopefully he'll get back to you soon.
It's dished but non boost, 38t. Fingers crossed I'll get a reply soon.
slarge wrote:I am not familiar with Sram cranks, but is it time to get the file out? Is it a foul between bolt hole flange and BB shell? Dressing it with a file would be quick and easy.....
I did consider it.. I've picked up a .5mm and 1mm spacer today. Hopefully that should be enough to clear the BB.
In Reverse wrote:BearBones ringpiece issues.

We've all been there. :cry:
You've not been anywhere near it. :shock: