Do I need a Salsa Fargo?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Wixey

Do I need a Salsa Fargo?

Post by Wixey »

I love my Lynskey RL 29 for bikepacking... I love it full stop actually (sad i know) But Ive just added a 2013 Steel Salsa Fargo frameset to my "basket".
However I paused.. I didn't hit buy now... Why? I think it's because I'm on bike no 5 and I need to feed the children this month, but it might just be because I don't need one!?

Need vs want has always been a problem for me I deffinately want it.. Do I need it? Could I walk some middle ground and fit a Fargo steel fork to the Lynskey? Should I diversify the stable.. Guide me people?

I reckon I'm a coffee away from "buy it now" just hit the kettle switch!
jameso

Re: Do I need a Salsa Fargo?

Post by jameso »

Depends - what are the other 4 or 5? (and how many coffees have you had now?!)

A rigid fargo is a great do-all dirt tourer and bike-packer.. maybe we all 'need' something like that in steel.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

In similar situations I move away from the computer and leave it until the next day, which results in one of the following:

A/ I wake up early and rush to press the buy now button.

B/ I wake up and have forgotton I ever wanted whatever it was.

C/ I wake early and rush to buy it but discover they've sold out overnight ;)

Doing the above has prevented me from buying a Fargo for the last 3 years!
May the bridges you burn light your way
Wixey

Post by Wixey »

Some top advice there Stu but ive decided I will get one... But once Ive stripped my full suss (no worries got 2) for salvage parts and flogged the frame and fork.
Given my general lack of motivation, this should allow me to feed said children for at least 2 or 3 months while I faff excessively and change my mind 2 or 3 times... I do like the sing-Gryphon though too...oh and i havent got a cyclocross yet...Dam this bike addiction!