Are you having owt interesting for Christmas?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Are you having owt interesting for Christmas?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I feel that we're probably near enough to the 25th for this, so as above ... are you hoping for something interesting from Mr Christmas?
May the bridges you burn light your way
Mike

Re: Are you having owt interesting for Christmas?

Post by Mike »

I'll start off with saying a bit fat NO sorry. Maybe a pair of wolliebullies off my folks is as good as it gets for me. Right now everybody can trump me to the hilt
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Tell you what fella, I'll make you summat nice ... we can call it 'product development' if you like.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Polisherman

Post by Polisherman »

Yep, I've asked for a new pencil sharpener for my workshop.

I can only live in hope....
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Yes, a rest.
It's going to be great.
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

Was hoping to spend Xmas day in a bothy, weather looks awful, certainly not landscape photography weather.

If I’d thought about it I’d have gone to Malta for Xmas.
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

I'm going to be having my ear chewed by one half of the family who dislike the other half. I'll drink heavily to blot it out and try not to say anything out of turn. Will probably be in bed by 9pm. Happy Christmas everyone! :-bd
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

In Reverse wrote:I'm going to be having my ear chewed by one half of the family who dislike the other half. I'll drink heavily to blot it out and try not to say anything out of turn. Will probably be in bed by 9pm. Happy Christmas everyone! :-bd
Family at Xmas, what fun.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Mike wrote:I'll start off with saying a bit fat NO sorry. Maybe a pair of wolliebullies off my folks is as good as it gets for me. Right now everybody can trump me to the hilt
I've got you beaten, but in reverse. Literally nothing.

Wife and I go away for Christmas and don't do presents any more. My parents aren't around now and my family only does gifts for kids.
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

i will 'as usual' Abstain from it all :-bd
jam bo

Post by jam bo »

I’m pretty particular about the kit and things I like so I prefer to buy them for myself.

I’ve asked for time instead this year to head off on some adventures.
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

I bought myself my present from the missus - a nice jersey from Torm - that she has to wrap up but not expecting anything else from the family since we all switched to only getting presents for kids a couple of years ago
Trail-rat

Post by Trail-rat »

I'm working away till 28th

But I have built the Mrs a (used) pivot Mach 5.7 with revs and 1*11slx +dropper

Hopefully it means she will enjoy some of my favourite trails in the Cairngorms as her mamasita gets out of its depth quickly on some of the steeper stuff.
ton

Post by ton »

we love xmas at our house. time to see family we dont see often, been to see some old rugby mates today who i have not seen for years.
as for gifts, i am being bought a nice waterproof wool coat. i am buying the wife some new waterproof boots.

cracking time of year. dont let any miserable (you lot) bastards spoil it.................. :wink:
Teetosugars

Post by Teetosugars »

I’ve asked for a couple of bits - Voile straps, Anything Cages etc.
To be fair tho, there’s more chance of my ass healing over than actually getting anything I want..

We can but wait and see. :roll:
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

Christmas is not what it was. We don't have to wait for Christmas to get stuff we want, so this year, as last, me and her ladyship are going to give what we would have spent on presents for each other to the Sally Army.
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
rich.mike

Post by rich.mike »

Christmas day in the first day of my cycle tour (sorry!) of Patagonia, cannot wait for 5 weeks off work!
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Left it to everyone else to decide what I'm getting this year as bike stuff and tools are "boring" apparently.

Did see a receipt for a Nikon Coolpix B700 before I looked away (I like surprises.)

I'm with Ton, we are like the Griswalds despite the kids being in their 30s now.

For the first time ever, Xmas dinner is being hosted by our eldest and so Mrs Mac will be able to put her feet up. (It's also my first Xmas day off in 20 years, wahoo!)

Our youngest is cooking all day for the homeless in the area but will be back for tea-time.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

ton wrote:we love xmas at our house. time to see family we dont see often, been to see some old rugby mates today who i have not seen for years.
as for gifts, i am being bought a nice waterproof wool coat. i am buying the wife some new waterproof boots.

cracking time of year. dont let any miserable (you lot) bastards spoil it.................. :wink:
Well said, although I much prefer xmas eve. Xmas day can be an anti-climax is some respect.

First Christmas it's just me, wifey, mini-voodoo-ess and puppy dawg for lunch :-bd Both families in the morning, so mini-voodoo-ess will be spoilt rotten (she's 3), so maximum excitement (although she asked for a kitty but I explained dawg doesn't do cats!). Wifey is on nights xmas night, so time to relax then, no doubting watching die-hard or something by myself :-bd

Presents wise, hmmm, my parents keep asking me what I want, but haven't a clue :roll: Ideas will be welcomed
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

rich.mike wrote:Christmas day in the first day of my cycle tour (sorry!) of Patagonia, cannot wait for 5 weeks off work!
In true Christmas spirit, bastard :wink:

Sounds fantastic, enjoy it :-bd
Last edited by voodoo_simon on Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

I usually ride from home to gf's parents on the 24th. 80 - 100 km through places I usually don't ride my bike. Always very enjoyable and feels like a present when I arrive there.

Oh... also spontaneously off work for a fortnight
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

God knows, socks? I don’t ask for outdoor or bike related stuff in case Mrs dummy figures out how much is costs :???:

I had an interview today after being made redundant 3 weeks before Christmas so hopefully a phone call :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

We will be repeating our Xmas tradition of a dip in the sea at Breakwater Beach followed by a day of getting trollied with the kids and my traditional sneaky roll-up at 10pm
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

BigdummySteve wrote:God knows, socks? I don’t ask for outdoor or bike related stuff in case Mrs dummy figures out how much is costs :???:

I had an interview today after being made redundant 3 weeks before Christmas so hopefully a phone call :-bd
Good luck!
NorwayCalling

Post by NorwayCalling »

I'm looking forward to "Santa" delivering a bunch of OS grid refs on Christmas Day.... :wink: