El-an Back ... Entry closed and GR sent.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

sillybigfella

Re: El-an Back ... Entry closed and GR sent.

Post by sillybigfella »

Currently struggling with a cold and a bad back, so may have to pass. Otherwise it's going to take a shed load of ibuprofen to make it through the weekend.
I’ve been abart a bit
99percentchimp

Post by 99percentchimp »

by slugwash on Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:52 pm

Right, I've now got two of the three maps in front of me so I'll start marking the GRs and plotting the northerly section of the route. Hopefully, Jim, who has the OS200 map, will get to work on the Elan end this evening.
Rich... I can't make this weekend due to being stuck with work... :cry: :x

I can PM you my route GPX if that might help your planning (about 110km with a bit of hike-a-bike, cafes and pubs planned in). Let me know and I'll forward it on (I can't attach a GPX or zip file to the PM function of the forum).

Have a great weekend all... weather looks as good as last year (i.e. not lashing down at least) :D
Conquistador of the pointless
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99percentchimp/
Mike

Post by Mike »

gutted i can't make this this yr as really enjoyed mach n back. so to everyone who is doing it have a great ride n i hope the weather is as good as last yr!!
Ian

Post by Ian »

Final weather check: cloudy during the day, chance of drizzle, and clearing overnight for temps of -5 degree Celcius by Sunday morning before clouding over again.

I'll be aiming for higher ground for a bivvy rather than the valley. Good sunrise/ temp inversion a distinct possibility I think.
Slacker

Post by Slacker »

Anyone just confirm start location please, just looked at google maps and comes up with the Old School

Cheers
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Schools the right venue.