WRT 2013 - what have I missed?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bigface0_0

Re: WRT 2013 - what have I missed?

Post by Bigface0_0 »

What about inviting one of the energy drinks companies to offer free fills at the start?? maybe a event discount if you purchase something....
Also what about asking Garmin for an Edge to give away?? Thats a good old prize and I know they always have referb units they sell on ebay (mate used to work there )
BIKE RACING IS LIKE HAVING A MULLET, BUSINESS UP THE FRONT, PARTY IN THE BACK…!!!
Mart

Post by Mart »

A lightweight hip flask for participants ;)
2924 miles per Gallon
Chew

Post by Chew »

Fairly much perfect Stu. If it wasnt for the WRT i wouldnt be riding part of the Tour Divide this summer :D

What we have to remember is that Stu and Dee do this do this out of the kindness of their hearts, so we can have a bit of fun, and in the bargin raise a few quid for charity which one day we might need. It takes alot more effort than people probably realise, and putting in rules just adds more red tape, more hassle and less fun :(

The more rules you put in, the less of an adventure it becomes, as adventures dont have rules. Thats the whole point of an adventure.

The non-competitive nature lends itself to creating a friendly event. Everyone's there just to have fun, ride a bike, sleep under the stars, drink tea and eat cake.
Pete said last year that the WRT was the best event in the world. He was right. With the open format you can make the event whatever you want it to be. If you and 10 mates want to go on a mid Wales pub tour, dressed as leprechaun's riding unicycles, following a GPS, thats great. If you want to ride around all of the GR's in under 24 hours, 100% self supported, living on energy gels, and memorising the route in your head, thats great. What ever works for you.

Please dont change things too much (although a bit more sunshine would be nice ;) )
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Not done the WRT but the feeling I get from reading the comments is "if it aint broke, don't fix it!" :D
Blackhound

Post by Blackhound »

Buffs, or similar, are always useful, no idea on cost per unit or quantities required.

Chew has it right up there re WRT.
Brothersmith

Post by Brothersmith »

Like the idea of WRT lite. Can never earn enough browny points for 3 nights away from Mrs Brothersmith and the little one at half-term. But if I start banking them know I might just get enough for 2 nights away :D
slarge

Post by slarge »

Would love to do the WRT, but it's always the bank holiday weekend when other half has plans to get away (not on a bike). Sounds like the perfect format so far, and I would encourage that free stuff doesn't become normal so it's expected. A few fun giveaways or spot prizes for the best/worst navigational error, heaviest bike+kit, nerdiest set up etc etc would be my idea of a great event - the emphasis should be on fun.