B&M LUXOS U & Toplight Line Plus

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

dlovett

B&M LUXOS U & Toplight Line Plus

Post by dlovett »

Does anybody own either, what are your thoughts on them? I'm thinking about getting a pair of them for the new bike, 99% road use, as I have the Revo for off road.
Dan_K

Re: B&M LUXOS U & Toplight Line Plus

Post by Dan_K »

I have the b&m luxos USB and a b&m rear light (can't remember which) . Not sure what more I can say aside from that they work!
Rear is really bright. Front is bright enough for road riding.
I like the fit and forget nature of them.
chris n

Post by chris n »

My Luxos U failed after a couple of years, though the remote switch housing cracked quite early on (but kept working fine). Never used the USB output but the light was good and I quite like the way it looks. Now replaced with a Schmidt Edelux II.

Not used the Toplight, I have a Secula dynamo rear light which has been very good.
ctznsmith

Post by ctznsmith »

I have a top light something or other out back on the commuter and it's bright/does the job.

I have something B&M but cheap (approx. £25) up front which I've found fine for in town riding and the odd country lane even when the street lights are off.
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

I've got a B&M something I could use, but I like the idea of not needing the ewerk and leaving that on the fat bike. Plus being mainly town cycling, the brake light feature could be useful to me.

There I have convinced myself, just need the bike to turn up now.
ctznsmith

Post by ctznsmith »

Ah...I definitely don't have the brake light feature.

I went cheap as it's a town bike so gets locked up outside the pub and therefore I didn't want to be massively out of pocket if the lights needed to be replaced because they were broken/stolen.