Bust knuckle

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Cheeky Monkey

Bust knuckle

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Dangerously STW-ish post, however, due to a combination of factors (largely my own stupidity) I now have a fractured knuckle at the base of my right pinkie. No surgery etc needed and I pleaded exceptional circumstances to the consultant so he didn't cast it, as would have been normal and his preference. Consequently have one of those velcro hand splint things and the ring and little fingers "buddy taped" together for support.

Medically "banned" from all contact / impact sports. Area is (unsurprisingly) painful and delicate. This puts paid to my usual activities of TKD, squash, yoga and the infrequent level of MTB-ing I was doing. Given these are things that helps both fitness and frustration has anyone got any ideas for activities or boosting healing? Just so I can avoid getting frustrated and breaking the other one :roll:
benp1

Re: Bust knuckle

Post by benp1 »

You can still cycle, either slow/tame MTB or a road bike?

Any sport where you use your legs and not your hands - walking/running/football
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Hiking for sure. Mentally as well as physically good for you.
Gummikuh

Post by Gummikuh »

Set the bike up on a static trainer?
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Richard G wrote:Hiking for sure. Mentally as well as physically good for you.
Got the van up in the Lakes so that's a goer though not "regular" enough really (a weekend every couple of weeks).
Set the bike up on a static trainer?
Yes, had wondered about that as I think riding might be too much vibration for the healing and grip is crap whilst the ring and pinkie are taped together. Bugger is it means outlay or borrowing stuff.

I really don't go in for running but the low cost option looks like I might have a go at the couch to 5K :shock: :lol: :roll: