Knee Cartilage rehab??

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Moder-dye

Knee Cartilage rehab??

Post by Moder-dye »

Hi, any experiences with knee cartilage rehab here?

I've already had one arthrosopy on my right knee medial meniscus about 6 years ago and its just recently got pretty bad again, not sure why but then an accidental twist of it seems to have made the job complete.

Painful to bend and walk, tried a gentle spin but every up stroke is tight and painful as the knee bends, not so bad pushing down. Tried a little swim but any sideways pressure tweaks it and is painful. Been resting up and ibuprofen and paracetamol which has helped.

Any ideas other than more rest, elevation and tablets? The joint feels loose so any ideas for exercises once it settles down? Single leg balances and squats within limits?

My wife wants me to go to the gp but I'd rather avoid another possible op if at all possible.

Sods law it happens now with several summer plans around the corner... :cry:
Richard G

Re: Knee Cartilage rehab??

Post by Richard G »

Skip the GP initially and look for a physio that has experience with cycling. They'll be the ones that can give you appropriate exercises after checking out exactly where the weaknesses and imbalances are.
Moder-dye

Re: Knee Cartilage rehab??

Post by Moder-dye »

We do have a good private sports physio business here I've used before, so yes that's a plan. Just a pricy plan I'd hoped to avoid...