Good in' it.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Good in' it.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

... the fact that it won't be dark until 8.00pm. Hello Summer, I've missed ya :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
BigdummySteve

Re: Good in' it.

Post by BigdummySteve »

Aye it's been great this weekend,still chilly overnight though, 2deg last night. Nothing that a little down and malt can't handle :-bd After work rides will be back on the cards as well.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Couldn't agree more, :-bd .
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

'tis BRILL. :-bd

Still get a morning run with dawn chorus and bonus playing out in the evening :cool:
Sarah
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

7.20pm and it's daylight. 6 months of joy (and rain)
RIP

Post by RIP »

Yep it's lovely. However please can the country agree to stop doing it at all cos a/ it's a pain and the fleeting pleasure of the clocks going forward doesn't outweigh the months of winter tedium, and b/ I struggled to get out of my bag at 05:37 -only just after my normal bedtime - this morning in a damp wood that was reverberating to what TheBrownDog and Rich3rd claimed was my cacophonous snoring but which I know secretly was them snoring as a duet ;).
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

JohnClimber wrote:7.20pm and it's daylight. 6 months of joy (and rain)
7:45 and still light here. Plans to climb one evening this week even !
Sarah
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

I'm with Reg*. Daylight saving is lovely for a month or so, and I like the herald of summer that it represents. But, hell, do we think we are Gods? We move the sun forward and back twice a year!! There must be consequences. And all that extra light. The chooks won't know when to lay. The cows won't know when to come in for milking. And the curtains will fade all the faster. #queensland1970s.

* Reg's snoring is spectacular. It sounds like foxes screwing. It's intense and seemingly excruciating but thankfully only lasts a few moments.
I'm just going outside ...
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Love it, best time of the year. If only they didn't go back in October :|

Shame both sides ignore the families didn't leave until dusk tonight otherwise I could have taken advantage of the late evening. Always tomorrow :-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

'Foxes screwing' :grin: that simile has now burned an enduring image indelibly into my brain for the rest of the evening...
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Kumquat

Post by Kumquat »

Yay!
Once again I have successfully fallen out of the suppurating arse end of another winter.
Longer rides home in the daylight.
Wakened by dawn chorus.
Blue skies
Druids for goalposts.
Enduring image, isn't it?
Grubby little urchin.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

I adjourned to sofa late afternoon to watch a bit of motorcycle racing. Not only did the clocks for forward, MotoGP started. :grin:
benp1

Post by benp1 »

I've worn sunglasses to work on the basis that I can also wear them on the way home too!

Bit nippy this morning (and not that bright), should be warm (and bright) on the way home
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

It was dark on the way to work this morning, I was just getting used to it being light again!

Looking forward to squeezing a few extra miles into my commutes though
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Amazing day yesterday, if a bit windy. So glad to be able to see the back of winter. My mood has already improved massively.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Saturday in the Dales was lovely. Went for a long road ride. Cool early on but had definitely warmed up by lunchtime so off with arm and leg warmers. Started to cool down again towards evening. Could do with more of that! :cool:
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Arm and leg warmers at 10c+? I thought you were a grizzled old northerner?

:lol:
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Richard G wrote:Arm and leg warmers at 10c+? I thought you were a grizzled old northerner?

It were about 3C when I set off. Mid morning onwards was warm in the sun but still pretty nippy in the shade
benp1

Post by benp1 »

whitestone wrote:
Richard G wrote:Arm and leg warmers at 10c+? I thought you were a grizzled old northerner?

It were about 3C when I set off. Mid morning onwards was warm in the sun but still pretty nippy in the shade
He can't be a proper northerner, otherwise he would've said something like

It wer about 3C when ah sat off. Mid mornin on wer warm int sun but still pretty nippeh int shade :-bd
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

lol, and yeah, fair enough. Was about 5c for me when I started so it was fine once I was burning a few cals.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

If I drop into my native accent even my wive struggles to understand me (and she's a northern lass an' all) :wink:

I have to be on my best behaviour and speak proper like when I'm out and about :-bd
psling

Post by psling »

It's only time; the hours of daylight and nightime don't change with the clocks.

[miserable old git mode]I have to share the trails with all the fair weather riders of an evening now, hopping around like spring lambs gambolling down the singletrack. And then I have to explain to summer walkers who feel the need to tell you that you're riding too fast or shouldn't be there at all that I've been riding that very same path two or three times a week come rain, hail or shine through the darkness of winter for goodness knows how many years on my commute and I don't recall seeing them before [/miserable old git mode]

Ha,ha. Long evenings riding into the night, dry nights under the stars, bring it on :cool:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

It's great - even went riding off-road for the first time proper this year. Feel much more motivated for avoiding the winter riding drudgery. Should change my moniker to FWS - Fair Weather Softie!