MSR Pocket Rocket 2

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

slowupslowdown-under

MSR Pocket Rocket 2

Post by slowupslowdown-under »

Due to issues associated with fire bans, I am planning on getting gassed-up for trips.

Has anyone got a pocket rocket 2 and, if so, what are your thoughts on them in general?

Cheers!
NorwayCalling

Re: MSR Pocket Rocket 2

Post by NorwayCalling »

slowupslowdown-under wrote:Due to issues associated with fire bans, I am planning on getting gassed-up for trips.

Has anyone got a pocket rocket 2 and, if so, what are your thoughts on them in general?

Cheers!
Yes I have one and its very nice - better than the Mk1 being a bit more compact and less weight. Negatives - its just a water boiler as very tight burn area, not as robust as the Mk1 and not so good in the wind (like all gas stoves of this type) but having said all that, I would buy again*

*I have just picked up a Alpkit Kraku (of here in the for sale section) to try, see what the main differences are and if the MSR product has any advantages over the cheaper Alpkit offering.
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

NorwayCalling wrote:
slowupslowdown-under wrote:Due to issues associated with fire bans, I am planning on getting gassed-up for trips.

Cheers!
Yes I have one and its very nice - better than the Mk1 being a bit more compact and less weight. Negatives - its just a water boiler as very tight burn area, not as robust as the Mk1 and not so good in the wind (like all gas stoves of this type) but having said all that, I would buy again*

*I have just picked up a Alpkit Kraku (of here in the for sale section) to try, see what the main differences are and if the MSR product has any advantages over the cheaper Alpkit offering.
I have the Alpkit Kraku and I think it's great, packs down really small and boils water up nice and quick. As above you will never cook a 3 course meal with it but its perfect for bikepacking
jam bo

Post by jam bo »

NorwayCalling wrote:

Cheers!

was posted tuesday. should see it today hopefully...
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

I had a PR1 and used it problem free for years until my head was turned by an Optimus Crux. The Crux folds so I find it easier to pack (it'll sit in the space under a 250g canister).