Adding accident to injury!

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

gairym

Adding accident to injury!

Post by gairym »

OUCH!!!!!

About an hour ago I decided that my (recently re-buggered) buggered back was once again good enough to start with some very mild hanging exercises that an osteopath and physio gave to me in order to begin gaining some semblance of 'core-strength' and hopefully avoid this injury in the future.

But.....as I got on the hanging bar (which I mounted the other day) and began to do the exercise the damn thing popped out of the brackets and I whacked my head so hard in the fall that I pretty much lost consciousness and then couldn't get up as I was so dizzy (only lasted a few minutes but still...).

I now have a golf-ball sized egg on the back of my head, whip-lash type pains in my neck and guess what.....I've re-re-tweaked my f**king back!!!!!

I think I'm just gonna lay down somewhere quiet for a week and give up on trying to move as I'm just likely to get run over or something.

Not a good month!

Gairy.
adjustablewench

Re: Adding accident to injury!

Post by adjustablewench »

Yikes!

Who recommended that!? Go steady Gairy and consider a more conventional physio.

Hope you get better soon, and maybe consider Pilates to help maintain your core strength :)
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I feel for you ... following an 'edge of grip and beyond' moment yesterday while coaching I'm also trying to nurse a pulled back. Certainly making coaching today, slightly interesting :roll:
May the bridges you burn light your way
gairym

Post by gairym »

thanks fellas - the headache's subsiding a little now.

holy crap that hurt!

Stuart, let's hope your back is just a muscle strain.

and yeah, Pilates would help (and most likely result in less head-eggs!).
99percentchimp

Post by 99percentchimp »

Hi Gairy... not good - hope you're not in too much pain. I've had some pretty good success with one of those big gym balls. You can position it where you need it to provide support initially then reposition it to provide more challenging exercise as your core strength develops. Cheap too.
I'm always pleased if I land on my head - at least the injury is a few feet from any vital organs ;)
Conquistador of the pointless
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99percentchimp/
gairym

Post by gairym »

chimp, thanks and i am (in too much pain that is).

just got back from the hospital where they said that i've got a nice healthy case of whip-lash and concussion and that i have to wear one of those daft collars for a week - brilliant!

will post a picture of me looking like a tw*t in the morning (as no pharmacies are open today to get my collar).

at least my back will get some rest now that i'm now bed-ridden for a few days.