The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Ian

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by Ian »

I ordered a lightweight Bivvy bag from Aluminium Sheep. I've been waiting weeks for it now, and it's still not arrived. I think I've been fleeced :|
19ninety

Post by 19ninety »

Ian wrote:I ordered a lightweight Bivvy bag from Aluminium Sheep. I've been waiting weeks for it now, and it's still not arrived. I think I've been fleeced :|
The Baaastards

:lol:
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Ian wrote:I ordered a lightweight Bivvy bag from Aluminium Sheep. I've been waiting weeks for it now, and it's still not arrived. I think I've been fleeced :|
I heard that they'd been ram raided. Dunno wether they've any stock left.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Ian

Post by Ian »

:lol:
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

My Ti Goat bivy is marked as delivered in the USPS tracking system but it hasn't been delivered to me. I'm still hoping it may turn up but I suspect I'm going to be filling in a claim form :|
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Apidura seatpack for Helen
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Ian

Post by Ian »

Charliecres wrote:My Ti Goat bivy is marked as delivered in the USPS tracking system but it hasn't been delivered to me. I'm still hoping it may turn up but I suspect I'm going to be filling in a claim form :|
USPS did that on one of my packages once. Went to parcel farce website and keyed in the USPS tracking number and got UK-side tracking info.
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Dave Barter wrote:Apidura seatpack for Helen
I don't understand the incredible level of market penetration achieved by this brand so quickly. Their stuff is stylish, but not cheap nor significantly different to the many other offerings. Perhaps it's the level of sponsorship they have engaged in, although it's bizarre they don't even mention Mike Hall amongst their ambassadors, or sell the custom badge he actually used on TD.

What am I missing?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

What am I missing?
I don't think you're missing owt. In fact, I think you've summed it up quite nicely. There's also the fact that Apidura have distribution too, which places their products in many a bike shop.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

ZeroDarkBivi wrote:
Dave Barter wrote:Apidura seatpack for Helen
I don't understand the incredible level of market penetration achieved by this brand so quickly. Their stuff is stylish, but not cheap nor significantly different to the many other offerings. Perhaps it's the level of sponsorship they have engaged in, although it's bizarre they don't even mention Mike Hall amongst their ambassadors, or sell the custom badge he actually used on TD.

What am I missing?
The fact that I have owned and reviewed Alpkit, Revelate, Wildcat, Blackburn and Apidura bags and settled on Apidura as working best for me.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Sorry Dave, I didn't mean to imply that the above were your reasons for choosing Apidura, simply stating why they appear a popular choice and ae widely seen :wink:
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Sorry to go back to the Timber (no I'm not using the marketing department's "!") bell but...
The fail for me, which I would love to be told I'm wrong, is that you can't use it like a normal bell and just ding it? e.g. you're riding down a flat bit of tarmac'd path and it's shared use
On very flat straight tarmac it will shut up, yes. But a quick wiggle of the wrist, too small to affect steering at all, quickly sets it tinkling again. Sharp braking also has a similar effect, which can be useful - if you have need to brake sharply you're probably not going to be able to ring a normal bell at the same time.
MarkJS

Post by MarkJS »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
What am I missing?
I don't think you're missing owt. In fact, I think you've summed it up quite nicely. There's also the fact that Apidura have distribution too, which places their products in many a bike shop.
This.

When I was looking to set up my cx bike with bags a couple of years ago, the ability to pootle into my lbs with my bike and select which size frame bag, etc would fit was a winner for me.

I already had a revelate viscacha which had a been a pain to order back then as the only UK supplier at the time seemed to be constantly out of stock. Getting a frame bag, handlebar bag and top tube bag in less than a half hour that all worked together and that I could actually play with before purchasing was a big help.

While I have since moved the bar pack on (looking for a better solution for both the cx and both mine and Gem's plus bikes), the frame bag is such a great fit for the geometry on my frame that it essentially lives permanently on the bike for commuting duties.
Blag

Post by Blag »

Gorilla cage and a monkii cage. Waiting when I got in
Mart

Post by Mart »

My new wheel is now built and ready for me to collect - Operation dangley gears progresses :grin:
2924 miles per Gallon
jam bo

Post by jam bo »

new bars and stem. hoping the vibrocore is as comfy as the reviews say it is.
rufus748

Post by rufus748 »

Zendure battery and a lovely set of carbon Jones bars :wink:
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

Ian wrote:
Charliecres wrote:My Ti Goat bivy is marked as delivered in the USPS tracking system but it hasn't been delivered to me. I'm still hoping it may turn up but I suspect I'm going to be filling in a claim form :|
USPS did that on one of my packages once. Went to parcel farce website and keyed in the USPS tracking number and got UK-side tracking info.
Great tip, thanks Ian. Parelforce says it's on its way. However, they also say it's being prepared for despatch overseas. I hope not. :roll:
Ian

Post by Ian »

thenorthwind wrote:Sorry to go back to the Timber (no I'm not using the marketing department's "!") bell but...
The fail for me, which I would love to be told I'm wrong, is that you can't use it like a normal bell and just ding it? e.g. you're riding down a flat bit of tarmac'd path and it's shared use
On very flat straight tarmac it will shut up, yes. But a quick wiggle of the wrist, too small to affect steering at all, quickly sets it tinkling again. Sharp braking also has a similar effect, which can be useful - if you have need to brake sharply you're probably not going to be able to ring a normal bell at the same time.
Supplementary benefit I've found is it's very good a moving sheep off the trail way before you get to them. Haven't tried on cows yet though...
jBay

Post by jBay »

Enlightened Equipment Quilt -1C :)
Black Friday discount
19ninety

Post by 19ninety »

Charliecres wrote:
Ian wrote:
Great tip, thanks Ian. Parelforce says it's on its way. However, they also say it's being prepared for despatch overseas. I hope not. :roll:
Last order I had delivered from the US by USPS a few weeks ago is still "Shipping label created, USPS awaiting item".... so wouldn't worry too much, you'll probably get a RM card soon letting you know there is duty to be paid before delivery.
journeyman

Post by journeyman »

A bunch of tickets for me the Caladonian sleeper, for a schedule to arrive in Tyndrum on 26th May...
A pocket rocket 2 from UOG - very nice
A Revelate harness from Andy at Backcountry Bikes in lieu of alpamayo being out of stock - much better than I expected, plus a 13l airlock dual from Alpkit = looks all a bit too clean at the mo. Replaces an apidura set up that was hanging on with bailer twine in a quad bike stylee
A web special Patagonia Houdini to replace a long suffering and much valued shredded jkt
A second hand pair of new Mallet Es
A clip round the ear from the current who gets to the post before I do
slarge

Post by slarge »

Bit of a list over the past week:

Alpkit drybags in chilli red - various sizes, the 12 litre is going to become a water and mud proof cover for my seatpack
Elasticated netting to make a stretch cover for the front harness
Mount Skidmore bottle mount adaptor from Beth at Wildcat
Lots of stainless nuts and bolts for youngests new pickup roller shutter load cover
Couple of pairs of Planet-x gloves

And I posted a wheel today
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I must have been a very good lad, no grumpiness or anything because a surprise ipad Pro and smart keyboard arrived for me today. It's obviously not christmas, nor is it my birthday :-bd
Ian

Post by Ian »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:I must have been a very good lad, no grumpiness or anything because a surprise ipad Pro and smart keyboard arrived for me today. It's obviously not christmas, nor is it my birthday :-bd
Snazzy. Which Smart Keyboard did you go for?