Aviemore routes?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Taylor

Aviemore routes?

Post by Taylor »

Going up to Aviemore for half term (English not Jockanese) with the family and have a pink ticket for a night out. Bivi, Bothy or Hammock, can anybody suggest a 50/60 mile route round trip or train to start with finish in Aviemore.
Anybody fancy tagging along?
Chew

Re: Aviemore routes?

Post by Chew »

You could perhaps do part of the Cairgorms loop?

Train from Aviemore to Blair Atholl, Blair up to Ruigh nan Clach, then westwards through Glen Feshie (one of the most beautiful places i've been). The bothie in Glen Feshie is amazing, but it'll probably be Stag season so best to check before you set off, although plenty of trees around there for some swinging.

Its wild and remote, but it'll be an adventure
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Is that Ruigh Aiteachain bothy?
It's having a face lift in a fortnights time.
I'd kind of looked at that, catching the train to Pitlochry.
Chew

Post by Chew »

That's the bothie.

If that one is out of a action you could always do the outer loop from Blair westwards back to aviemore. Think there's a bothie half way on there as well.
Blackhound

Post by Blackhound »

Up the Burma Road into the next glen, head northish to A9, cross it and head south.
Gari

Post by Gari »

Hi Flatfishy, you could go up the old logging way to Glenmore-Ryvoan pass to Forest Lodge-Nethy Bridge-Boat of Garten then onto Wades old road at the Carrbridge junction, over the Sluggan Bridge, pick up the Burma road and descend that to the A9 crossing for Aviemore.
Plenty of good bivi spots out the back, even a Bothy. About 70-ishK and takes in some great trails.
PM me and let me know when your around, we can get a coffee and I can show you on the map if you want.
Gari