The post man's been ...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Richard G

Re: The post man's been ...

Post by Richard G »

MarkJS wrote:The better half's new Levo

Nice. Very much considering an e-bike for my missus but I'm terrified she wont use it.
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

Nice. Very much considering an e-bike for my missus but I'm terrified she wont use it.
Or terrified you might like it? :wink:
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Ha, suffering on hills is the only way I know I'm still alive. :lol:
jam bo

Post by jam bo »

alter ego?

its ok, there is part of me that really wants an e-bike too.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Anyone following the "Bargain Alert' thread should be able to guess what the postman brought me today :smile:

Putting the receipt in a bespoke envelope is a nice touch, it makes me feel special :wink:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Richard G wrote:

Me too - she never uses the cross or MTB she has now, although doesn't help that she is not bike fit.

When I want a motorbike, I'll buy a proper one!
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

HaYWiRe wrote:....rubik's cubes!

I've got about 12 now in different shapes and sizes,
How's the minimalism coming along? :lol: :wink:
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Sweet Nano-air and torque wrench+bits appeared today. Thanks a bunch Andy!

Greetz

S.
atk

Post by atk »

Enjoy! :-bd
MarkJS

Post by MarkJS »

ZeroDarkBivi wrote:
Richard G wrote: Nice. Very much considering an e-bike for my missus but I'm terrified she wont use it.
Me too - she never uses the cross or MTB she has now, although doesn't help that she is not bike fit.

When I want a motorbike, I'll buy a proper one!
To be fair the missus really enjoys using her current cross bike which we got for her a couple of years ago - at the time she refused to try a mountain bike because "they're too heavy". Oh the irony.

She struggles to ride more than a couple of hours due to a knee injury that is unlikely to improve and despises hills because of the pain it causes - this can last for up to a week after a ride. She borrowed an ebike over christmas and was able to get out on some great local singletrack and obviously tackled the hills with zero pain. And then did it again the following day with a huge grin on her face.

It might not be very purist but if it means we can enjoy a day out at the trail centre or possibly an overnight trip together then I'm happy.

And it's vaguely exciting training - turned myself inside out trying to keep up on the climbs.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

MarkJS wrote:It might not be very purist but if it means we can enjoy a day out at the trail centre or possibly an overnight trip together then I'm happy.

And it's vaguely exciting training - turned myself inside out trying to keep up on the climbs.
It's pretty much those two things exactly that make me want to do it. I really couldn't care less if it just gets used for a pootle through the forest or for a couple of hours to the pub and back...

...and yeah, I like the idea of chasing her up hills. :lol:
Dan_K

Post by Dan_K »

Not for bikepacking but a beautiful Tbs Boar knife:

(not my pic - I went for the matching Turkish walnut firesteel)

And a Carinthia defence 1 sleeping bag to replace my 8 year old car camping decathlon jobby. Wanted something with a central zip and to use if I'm feeling precious about taking a down quilt out.

Again not my pic:

benp1

Post by benp1 »

Hobbyist bushcrafter?
HaYWiRe

Post by HaYWiRe »

Zippy wrote:
HaYWiRe wrote:....rubik's cubes!

I've got about 12 now in different shapes and sizes,
How's the minimalism coming along? :lol: :wink:

Well after getting rid of my music systems, tablets, television, 90% of my outdoors kit, most of my militaria, all my childhood toys, a couple backpacks, nearly all my clothes, I'm not doing too badly, need someway to occupy myself.

A few puzzles are pale in comparison to the junk I've been hoarding, and I'm not getting defensive at all I promise :roll: :lol:

And to add to both this thread and the irony of everything I've said above, today I picked up a new pair of montane winter gloves after getting black fingers from the cold up pen-y-fan last week.
Dan_K

Post by Dan_K »

benp1 wrote:Hobbyist bushcrafter?
Wouldn't say so really. Interested in learning more but think it's an opportunity to spend more time with the kids doing outdoor stuff. Maybe combine a bit of camping with bushcraft activities.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

It's a great way to spend time with the kids. Will be doing more of that this year - usually just spending the day in the woods but I'm probably going to do a bit of camping in the woods with the kids too
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Not really "The post man's been ..." more "Come and collect it yourself" :-bd

Picked up a couple of things I'd bought/asked for at this weekend's winter event. Firstly "Bob's posh pole bag" http://bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/phpBB ... =13&t=9126, which actually includes a 5 section carbon pole and 6 carbon pegs, kindly made and put together by Stuart of this parish. Secondly a Haglofs shield pro jacket that Mark (mje25) was selling. Having forgotten :roll: my heavy waterproof jacket this weekend I was definitely glad of the latter.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
bearlymoving

Post by bearlymoving »

Dan_K wrote:Not for bikepacking but a beautiful Tbs Boar knife:
Quite coincidentally, I was eyeing one of those up myself over the weekend. Is it just as lovely as one might expect?
tommid

Post by tommid »

I won the Norfolk leg of the Alpkit treasure hunt an used it on a fleece and a Viper head torch. Also got a new Hope headset for my CX bike.
ImageUntitled by Tom Middleton, on Flickr

Closing down sale at the LBS near my work, I took advantage (I felt bad) and got their tester C15 and unridden C13 saddles for a bargain. Might go back and take advantage of the 50% and get another C15. Anyone else want one? I might change the Test to Testicle rest or similar...
ImageUntitled by Tom Middleton, on Flickr
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Another pair of Merrell Freewheel shoes, excellent everyday cycling shoes

Plus some Vulpine kit - fancy new jacket for cycling in normal/work clothes and a SS jersey with arm warmers
Dan_K

Post by Dan_K »

gma wrote:
Dan_K wrote:Not for bikepacking but a beautiful Tbs Boar knife:
Quite coincidentally, I was eyeing one of those up myself over the weekend. Is it just as lovely as one might expect?
Yes, it's really nice. Has a real quality feel to it.
PeterC

Post by PeterC »

On a spending spree!
A very nice package from Backcountry in Aviemore containing Revelate Pika and Jerrycan, Alpamayo front harness, front accessory bag and a small frame bag. All tried out on bike and fits well, though a bit of jiggling with cables required. Also got a Klymit Ozone airpad which has passed the living room comfort test. Last year I just used my kayaking dry bags strapped to the bike and skipped a mat (was summer and only mat I had was tractional self inflating so therefore bulky) but as I enjoyed the few trips I did I decided to get bike packing specific gear. Good service from Back country who had a sale on at the time, good postage price to Hungary too so can't fault for service.
More to come :grin:
Peter
Artie Fufkin

Post by Artie Fufkin »

Bit of a haul off the classifieds has arrived over the last few days,
Rab Alpine Bivi off MarkJS
Paramo Windsmock off Slackman
BB7's off ark.
Thanks all, excellent items and top service!!!!
Cheers,
Adam.
Brothersmith

Post by Brothersmith »

tommid wrote: Closing down sale at the LBS near my work, I took advantage (I felt bad) and got their tester C15 and unridden C13 saddles for a bargain. Might go back and take advantage of the 50% and get another C15. Anyone else want one? I might change the Test to Testicle rest or similar...
Oh can you get me a C15 please :-bd
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

And delivered a revelate tangle in camo and an old school carridice camper low saddle. I was looking at seat packs but some of the prices for stabilised ones are silly. The camper was £65 at sjs and looks like it will last a lifetime.
I think my luggage is sorted now, I can get my tent, jetboil and sleep mat on the forks, sleeping bag+ some spare clothes on bar roll leaving tangle, gastank,pocket and carridice for food and beer :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark