adjustablewench

Re: BareBones Fatfighters - The weigh in

Post by adjustablewench »

Date -- Wt kg - %fat - %H2O - %muscle - bone - B/W/H inches

07/01/17 - 78.2 - 33.7 - 48.6 - 26.2 - 2.8 - 41/31/43

14/01/17 - 77.1 - 33.0 - 49.1 - 26.5 - 2.9 - 41/31/43

28/01/17 - 76.4 - 32.0 - 49.8 - 26.8 - 2.8 - 41/30.5/42.5

25/02/17 - 75.0 - 32.0 - 49.9 - 27.0 - 2.9 - 40/30/42.5

I've walked a bit further this week (3 days did around 10 miles), and just tried to be a bit sensible with food. Not a massive drop but it's a start.

My new stem has arrived (50mm with a 30degree rise!) So I will be putting that on the Stooge and playing with different bar options. The neurosurgeon said spring to start riding . . .it snowed and now it's melted so I may take that as spring and go for a little ride when I've sorted the bars. . . . Quite excited at that thought!
Last edited by adjustablewench on Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
NorwayCalling

Post by NorwayCalling »

Hello everyone - so this week 2 - well done and good efforts all round - keep the faith!

Below is a chart that will be updated every 2 weeks - so as you can see not everyone has posted there current weights, so lets get them in an in with the group effort. All green this week :-bd

I have a very simple colour code for this: green is weight loss (compared to your last weight taken 2 weeks previously), red is weight gain and blue is no change (see example).

If you haven't updated your current weight could you please update your original post with the new reading and i will add it accordingly.

Of those that have posted there updates we have collectively lost 19.1 kg (42.1 lbs) between us just in the first 2 weeks.

ImageBBB_fatfighters_week2 by Dr. Jekyll, on Flickr

ImageBBB_fatfighters_example by Dr. Jekyll, on Flickr

Cheers!

Mike,
Last edited by NorwayCalling on Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

Excellent stuff :-bd
metalheart

Post by metalheart »

I started at 111kg.

Been getting a reading of 109kg most mornings.

But then I think this is just the 1.5kg increase over festive being temporary...
Give the dirt a little room.
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

17/1/17. 237.4b. 106cm waist at BB :cry:
Re-weighed.
Last edited by Moder-dye on Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ton

Post by ton »

that chart has just cemented my whole 'cant be arsed' feeling so far this year. trying to lose weight, and trying to ride 500 miles per month, now looks like far too much for me to take on in my present state of mind.
i need a proper hard kick up the arse........ :|
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

set your goal a little easier then Tony :-bd you can build up as and when pal :wink:
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

500mile a month would be very good going for me unless I'd been on a trip away or had very good weather.

I don't set a weekly mileage goal as it depends so much on the weather and other activities. I just try to do something bike, walk or swim most days. It's the fodder that needs to be my focus and as far as fat loss goes managing it will make the biggest difference.

Anyway I think we share each others pain Ton :sad:
adjustablewench

Post by adjustablewench »

Ton, I'm sure if you just focus on the riding the rest will follow. Without riding I'm having to put effort into thinking more about my diet and trying to find other forms of exercise that work - none of which I seem to find anywhere near as enjoyable as riding a bike!

If the graph is only updated every two weeks, you don't need to think about weight too often :)
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

01.01.17 98kg

I've not weighed myself for two weeks as I thought that would be better than the daily torture some are going through. So this morning I dodged breakfast, went for a ride, let myself get dehydrated, stripped all nudey like and stepped gingerly onto the scales. And the result?

15.01.17 98kg

Hmmm ... I've cut my beloved carbs for dinner (so no bread, pasta etc) and given up after dinner chocolates. I've also barely had a drink since the winter bivvy and Ive been riding more too - at least twice a week, no epics, just steady 2-3 hr rides.

What gives?
I'm just going outside ...
Gari

Post by Gari »

Weight alone isn't always a good indicator I imagine. I would see if you are changing shape and/or getting leaner. Getting leaner wouldn't necessarily mean getting lighter possibly? Especially if you are building muscle mass( even small amounts) due to increasing your milage/exercise regime. Either way, you should at least be getting healthier if your diet is changing for the better, so there's that :grin:
SeannyD

Post by SeannyD »

Gone from 105 to 107kg. Due mainly to slothlike behaviour and working away from home. Start again tomorrow exercise, 1600 calories during the week and 2000 on weekends. I log everything on MFP and Garmin connect. :-bd Anyone else who work's away during the week have any tips to keep me out of the bar. Not too bad when i'm on my own but when with others, I have the breaking strain of a soggy Hobnob. Thinking of changing to a Pure Gym membership from my present one as they have branches everywhere. Choice between early morning/late evening run or hitting a gym. Bike will go in the van when it gets lighter at night.
NorwayCalling

Post by NorwayCalling »

SeannyD wrote:Gone from 105 to 107kg. Due mainly to slothlike behaviour and working away from home. Start again tomorrow exercise, 1600 calories during the week and 2000 on weekends. I log everything on MFP and Garmin connect. :-bd Anyone else who work's away during the week have any tips to keep me out of the bar. Not too bad when i'm on my own but when with others, I have the breaking strain of a soggy Hobnob. Thinking of changing to a Pure Gym membership from my present one as they have branches everywhere. Choice between early morning/late evening run or hitting a gym. Bike will go in the van when it gets lighter at night.

Don't worry about it, I know how it goes. Just remember the total journey of many miles and not the daily mileage that one should focus on.

I'm working and have just had a burger n chips... not great but all that was available. i'm not going to knock myself about about it, but will just try to remember not to make a habit of it for the times when other options are available.

Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Just ate an entire large pizza followed by an entire chocolate orange.

I did say I was planning on gaining most of my weight back this weekend. :lol:
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Jan 10 - 67.5Kg
Jan 16 - 67.5Kg

Probably wrong time to weigh in after devouring the contents of the pantry post BBWE. But I'll take static over increase.

Greetz

S.
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Blair512 wrote:Ok finally got the scales working this morning.

87.7kg

If I can make it under 80kg I'd be happy
87kg

Happy with that since I had a few beers at the weekend
godivatrailrider

Post by godivatrailrider »

godivatrailrider wrote:Martin
01/01/17
Initial Goal ? anything starting with 15st would be good...... 14st something would be vaguely exciting

17st 6.8lb :???:
WTF !! !
After a pretty reasonable week, staying (mostly) off the beer, riding further home, walking fast for 2 miles at lunchtime, doing HIIT training .... I'm back up to where I started

Pissed off doesn't come close.
Onwards and downwards, or probably upwards :(
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

I know I have some inflammation weight from over doing it, maybe that? I'm going to re weigh when it's gone down.

Back at it today. Fasting until late morning then got some little bacon onion and cheese omelette muffins I made yesterday and a lunch of chicken, avocado, olives, jalapeño amd mayo.

Looking forward to tea as a colleague is bringing in a box king crab legs from Norway for me :-bd Her husband get given them free occasionally when over there on one of the big pelagic fisheries boats. I'm thinking garlic butter and a hammer. Can't wait!
gairym

Post by gairym »

Gairy Mannion - Start weight -01-01-2017:

110kg

Target height/weight:

90kg (and eventually lower)

09-01-2017:

108.9kg

16-01-2017:

107.8kg

Not great change but at least it's heading in the right direction.

A week into a total ban on chocolate (and sugary things in general) and already feels normal and pretty much a non-issue.

Phase II of the gradual stupid consumption reduction plan is to moderate beer intake - one evening of a couple of beers at home and one pub visit per week. The problem for me is one of constant beerage - I'll consistently sit down with a beer after a long day of work or riding (or whatever) and despite the fact that I don't often have more than 2-3 bottles/cans of 330ml beer that's still about 15 x 200-300 calories and so about 3000-4500 extra calories per week!!!

Also, I just noticed how pathetic my VeloViewer stats below look - it is Alpine winter-time and so, despite the fact that I've been a lot more active so far this year, the numbers aren't shown on there. Ski'd for 3 hours yesterday, been doing a little xc skiing before work some mornings and about to do a bit of back country/touring this morning before work - I'm not just laying on the couch - honest!!!
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Forgot to say, I tried that corned beef quiche and quite enjoyed it. Cheers.

Bit salty, but not really much I can do about that given the ingredients.
Fat tyre kicker

Good to hear, I've still some left from the last one, may be for tea :wink:
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

59.8 Kg, down 1.4Kg from last week. Probably just dehydration from the weekend!

So, 18,000 KCal of fat gone and another 36,000 to go; I expect it will get significantly harder as the body & mind protest.
godivatrailrider

Post by godivatrailrider »

godivatrailrider wrote:
godivatrailrider wrote:Martin
01/01/17
Initial Goal ? anything starting with 15st would be good...... 14st something would be vaguely exciting

17st 6.8lb :???:
WTF !! !
After a pretty reasonable week, staying (mostly) off the beer, riding further home, walking fast for 2 miles at lunchtime, doing HIIT training .... I'm back up to where I started

Pissed off doesn't come close.
Onwards and downwards, or probably upwards :(
I had a reweigh this morning .... 17.3.4 ..... so much similar to last week .... and before dropping the kids off at the pool :shock: :wink: I'm sticking with it and being more mindful of portion size. Not using My Fitness Pal this week, it says any calories you burn exercising MUST be put back in..... as I'm not starving myself, any calories I burn by exercising are a bonus and best not put back in.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

I've probably said it before, but myfitnesspal's calorie estimates are complete bollocks. The only time I've come close is when I'm doing an FTP test or something like that.

If you're using it, I'd say definitely make an effort to keep that calories remaining figure a couple of hundred in the green on exercise days.
Fat tyre kicker

Second week weigh in;
Not very happy,back UP to 18st 4 :oops:
Out most of the day Sunday at 'Degla surfing the trails, stuck to
Plan food wise, had whisky and a few Ciders( I know- sugar!) so maybe
That's derailing me.....I weighed myself first thing this morn though and had
Drank a litre of water through the night, maybe try last thing tonight to see if there's
Any difference :sad: