Guy Martins round Britain

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

johnnystorm

Re: Guy Martins round Britain

Post by johnnystorm »

polarcherry wrote:I've never read so much crap from people commenting about a bloke who's pushing what he can do on a bike and giving wider coverage to cycling.

Question 1 -

Have you ridden over 2700miles over rough terrain in a very short period of time which was actually pretty competitive????

If answer is:

A - please please continue to comment as you have the insight into what it means to be on the limit day after day for hundreds of miles

B - just don't bother! As it's all internet talk.

(jameso - bravo)
Are you willfully missing the point? :roll:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Can we leave this alone now? Whatever your opinion of Guy Martin and however you view his achievements, by his own admission, he's still just a bloke, who (a) in the great scheme of bikepacking, hasn't done anything extraordinary and (b) wouldn't register more than a flicker of interest if he weren't ont' telly.

Some appear to like his 'ways' and others don't but that's just life and one party trying to convince the other, is a pointless waste of everyone's time.

Anyway, as you were and here's a picture of a panda falling off a snowman.

May the bridges you burn light your way
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

polarcherry wrote:I've never read so much crap from people commenting about a bloke who's pushing what he can do on a bike and giving wider coverage to cycling.

Question 1 -

Have you ridden over 2700miles over rough terrain in a very short period of time which was actually pretty competitive????

If answer is:

A - please please continue to comment as you have the insight into what it means to be on the limit day after day for hundreds of miles

B - just don't bother! As it's all internet talk.

(jameso - bravo)
Answer - A , yes I have, and I went the right way. As have several other people who've commented (including Jameso)

But as Stu said, have a panda

D Faff Master

Post by D Faff Master »

I did a ride/tour inspired by The Tour Divide too but that's as far as it went..... wasn't tempted to describe it as anything else though.

I've posted previously about it a long time ago.